GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just recieved my latest Ebay purchase, a full folder of Kodak pictures from the 1989 Model Year, enjoy!

Suburban

S-10 Blazer

Full Size Pickup

K5 Blazer

Corvette

Corsica Hatchback

Celebrity Eurosport

Cavalier Z24

Caprice

Camaro

Beretta

Astro

S-10 Cameo

...and of course my Favorite (and reason for the purchase!!)

another purchase I made recently is this Dealer flip book pages!!

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Can't say I have ever seen a K1500 wit hthose "4x4" graphics on the side.

That's probably a good thing.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Wow........the first time I've ever seen an S-10 'Cameo'.....would kinda have a hard time believing an S-10 Blazer could haul 3 tons w/that puny V6 though.....

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Aw man, you're a year (or three) too late!

And the other day I saw an older Mazda painted white with one of the roll bar things in the bed and I thought it was gonna be the elusive Baja that I've been trying to get pictures of for you for the past two years. Haha, I WILL CATCH IT!

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
Aw man, you're a year (or three) too late!

And the other day I saw an older Mazda painted white with one of the roll bar things in the bed and I thought it was gonna be the elusive Baja that I've been trying to get pictures of for you for the past two years. Haha, I WILL CATCH IT!

Wow rmodys! That's a nice fleet of Chevys. Do you own all three?

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
Shouldn't there also have been an '89 Lumina? Didn't they produce both the Celebrity and Lumina for a while? The other W-bodies were launched in '88. I know that the Lumina was launched after the Regal, Cutlass Supreme, and Grand Prix, but was it that much later?

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow........the first time I've ever seen an S-10 'Cameo'.....would kinda have a hard time believing an S-10 Blazer could haul 3 tons w/that puny V6 though.....
There is actually a Cameo 1989 for sale on ebay as we speak!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ADME:B:SS:US:1123&viewitem=&item=270218745766

Shouldn't there also have been an '89 Lumina? Didn't they produce both the Celebrity and Lumina for a while? The other W-bodies were launched in '88. I know that the Lumina was launched after the Regal, Cutlass Supreme, and Grand Prix, but was it that much later?
I believe so, however this press release pack that I acquired, was from mid to late 1988, and the only mention of the Lumina was on 'typed' paperwork that accompanied the photoes, along w/ the 'UPCOMING' GEO line. I can scan it in if anyone interested, it is simply text however.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Wow...in 1989, I bought my first new car after getting a job out of college. I looked at the Beretta and Z24, but really wanted a hatchback and a stick. Wound up with an '89 Civic Si that I kept until 1998.

Thanks for the memories of that spring of car shopping.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Can't say I have ever seen a K1500 wit hthose "4x4" graphics on the side.

That's probably a good thing.
There's one still around here somewhere that I see from time to time.

I ordered my '89 K1500 in early Sept. '88, and the big 4X4 decal was new to the option list. When I saw how big it was, I definitely passed. '89 was also the first year that the Z71 package would have a "Z71" decal instead of the small "4x4". My pickup was about the third one I ever saw with the "Z71" decal.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I like the K5, S-10, Blazer, Silvy, Camaro and 'Vette....all look good imo.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The Lumina started production as a 1990 model. There was a 1990 Celebrity too, but only the station wagon version. The sedan was dropped after 1989 & the coupe was dropped after 1988. Where's the 1989 Chevy Spectrum & Beauville/full-sized vans?

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Lumina began production as a 1990 model. There was a 1990 Celebrity too, but only the station wagon version. The sedan was dropped after 1989 & the coupe was dropped after 1988.
My mom had a Celebrity Coupe CL, torquey 2.8, decent car, learned to drive in it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.