GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I have to agree with most of the list except the Yaris, I thought it was a decent for an economy car. Surprisingly I thought the Cobalt would be there instead of the Yaris. :confused:. Then again this is CR, not everything makes sense in their world.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I find it odd that people pay actually MONEY to read what CR has to say. Maybe I should quit my day job and start selling my opinion, because people today are too retarted to have their own; they'd just as soon pay somebody else for theirs.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I disagree with the premis of this article. 11 Worst Cars. Most people who read that will automatically believe it has something to do with reliability and obviously that's not the case. Just more CR Bias and them pushing what THEIR preferences are on the general public as fact! :rolleyes:
Agreed.........

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
I would argue that the lack of ESC on the Grand Marquis is actually a plus. The less intrusive systems in my car, the better. I have never had ABS, ESC, or any type of control in my vehicles. I'm still alive and have only been in one slight fender bender.
I would argue that mentioning the Grand Marquis isn't relevant in the first place, let alone the fact that it doesn't have stability control. The Panther Cars were around way before stability control ever became common and they have never been regarded as terribly unsafe cars in spite of this. In fact, I would venture that the Panther Cars are still safer than a number of cars that do have things like stability control or side air bags simply because they're bigger and heavier than most cars out there, save trucks and SUVs. In any case, even though the Grand Marquis and the other Panther Cars may still have some following it still seems like a waste of time for CR to give them any attention since it's a known fact that the cars are going to be discontinued in just a few short years.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Some of these vehicles such as the Jeep Wrangler, Hummer H3 and Toyota FJ Cruiser are penalized because their greatest strength, offroad ability, is not figured into CR's final score. Since ride quality typically suffers because, of the compromises made for offroading, it hurts their score even more, because that category, along with fuel economy is weighted quite heavily by CR.

Apparantly according to CR cars are basically appliances soley used for the purpose of onroad use on perfectly manicured asphalt.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Consumer Reports is Crap.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Small vehicles like the Yaris or Aveo are great as commuter cars, or a second car to perform routine errands with. That is assuming you also have another vehicle for other purposes. In my case that is the 2001 Mercedes C240.
If gas rises to $5 per gallon it is still cheaper to buy and operate a used Yaris or Aveo than a new hybrid

·
Banned
1,586 Posts
The union of concerned retards posing as consumer reports scientists and engineers have cooked up another urban legend to push their unproven sky is falling manifesto. Next year the 10 best cars will have a segway, vespa, Scwinn and a pair of Converse included!

Wanna cure global warming? Stop the hot air that is emanating from constooges reports.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
the trailblazer doesnt deserve to be on there. either does the jeep. i have had the Trailablazer for almost 3 years now and it has never seen the dealership since we bought it. meanwhile my neighbors 2006 accords a/c has not worked since he bought it, and the airbag light has been on as well since he drove it home with 3 miles on it. and the dealer cant seem to fix either

people buy what they want period. if they want a SUV they will buy a SUV. poor fuel economy should not be a factor in chosing the worst car. a owner will know just by looking at the window sticker what it is rated at

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
The union of concerned retards posing as consumer reports scientists and engineers have cooked up another urban legend to push their unproven sky is falling manifesto. Next year the 10 best cars will have a segway, vespa, Scwinn and a pair of Converse included!

Wanna cure global warming? Stop the hot air that is emanating from constooges reports.
Since when has Consumer Reports been a hawk of global warming?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Consumer Reports is Crap.
When it comes to their car reports, I would certainly tend to agree with you. The way they collect their data when it comes to reliability bothers me, and often their complaints tend to be rather nitpicky. Trailblazer? Yaris? I driven worse than both of those. However, I would say they made a pretty good call on a GE washing machine that unfortuantely tends to eat clothes. Too bad I bought it first without reading the article : 0

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.