GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Let's all believe everything anyone posts for consumption by the public. Good grief, what an unmitigated crock of garbage.

While the Mercury Grand Marquis is rather long in the tooth, it is what it is, an older four door rear wheel drive sedan. Something which certain sergments of the buying public still want. I could understand comparisons to the Pnotiac G8, Dodge Charger, Chrysler 300 as a valid reason for dismissing the Mercury as less than worthy. However, from what I have seen, it is assembled well, and somewhat reliable due to its long term unchanging manufacturing process.

As for the Hummer smack, while I am not a big fan of SUV's by a long shot, again, it is what it is. A very capable off-roader. Much the same argument goes for the Wrangler.

Quite frankly, the vehicles listed in most cases are purpose driven for different market segments, regardless of which manufacturer (Domestic or Foreign) the quality of the vehicles is much improved over what the public had been offered 10-15- or 20 years ago.

It would be much more relevant if the comments were based on comparisons in each vehicle's particular market segement.

I will be the first to admit I have certain prejudices against certain types of vehicles. But, having said that, in all fairness, compare apples to apples instead of peaches or plums.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.