GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Some of these vehicles such as the Jeep Wrangler, Hummer H3 and Toyota FJ Cruiser are penalized because their greatest strength, offroad ability, is not figured into CR's final score. Since ride quality typically suffers because, of the compromises made for offroading, it hurts their score even more, because that category, along with fuel economy is weighted quite heavily by CR.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The hummer really needs a 6 cylinder instead of the I5

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Wow, another crapola Consumer Report review! The only ones I agree with are the Suzuki Forenza and the Jeep Patriot. Lots of the reviews says "but those factors are not included in Consumer Reports' basic vehicle score". Why would anyone want a rewiew that didnt take into account all the factors of the vehicle, not just the ones they think are germane. Thats like saying, "we dont like the Aveo for its lack of off-road capability, and we dont like the H3 for its overly good off-road capability". CR is such a load of crap!

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
The Nitro and Patriot deserve to be on there but I don't think any of the others do

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Wow, the Yaris. A small Toyota makes this list? SHOCK!

But yeah, this list is crap.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
I disagree with the premis of this article. 11 Worst Cars. Most people who read that will automatically believe it has something to do with reliability and obviously that's not the case. Just more CR Bias and them pushing what THEIR preferences are on the general public as fact! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
221 Posts
it's reviews like this that make people dislike small cars. They aren't supposed to be everything to everyone, they're economy cars for sake!

·
Registered
579 Posts
The wurst car:

Lol, I wish I thought of that zinger:)

Anyway, I think the Wrangler should be nowhere NEAR that list. Sure, it's rough around the edges because that is what people like about it. A friend of mine has a 97 Wrangler that he bought new back in 97. Let me tell you, that thing drives like crap, has an extremely sparse interior, and has no sound insulation what so ever BUT it is one of the sweetest cars I have EVER driven in!

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I would argue that the lack of ESC on the Grand Marquis is actually a plus. The less intrusive systems in my car, the better. I have never had ABS, ESC, or any type of control in my vehicles. I'm still alive and have only been in one slight fender bender.

This test is crap though BTW. Most Jeeps are niche vehicles, and if you take away their strongest ability from testing, your test is garbage.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Lol that list is kind of right.
I wish for the sake of Chrysler they would slash away some of those pesky SUVs. But also the Jeep Wrangler isn't supposed to be a Porsche Cayane either.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
what a crap list. if you're going to rate vehicles, rate them according to what they're designed for, don't try to lump all of them into the same (extremely vague) category.

·
Registered
114 Posts
this is misleading.. ranked "worst" by specific categories, and doesn't take into account what the individual cars are primarily used for

·
Registered
166 Posts
Let's all believe everything anyone posts for consumption by the public. Good grief, what an unmitigated crock of garbage.

While the Mercury Grand Marquis is rather long in the tooth, it is what it is, an older four door rear wheel drive sedan. Something which certain sergments of the buying public still want. I could understand comparisons to the Pnotiac G8, Dodge Charger, Chrysler 300 as a valid reason for dismissing the Mercury as less than worthy. However, from what I have seen, it is assembled well, and somewhat reliable due to its long term unchanging manufacturing process.

As for the Hummer smack, while I am not a big fan of SUV's by a long shot, again, it is what it is. A very capable off-roader. Much the same argument goes for the Wrangler.

Quite frankly, the vehicles listed in most cases are purpose driven for different market segments, regardless of which manufacturer (Domestic or Foreign) the quality of the vehicles is much improved over what the public had been offered 10-15- or 20 years ago.

It would be much more relevant if the comments were based on comparisons in each vehicle's particular market segement.

I will be the first to admit I have certain prejudices against certain types of vehicles. But, having said that, in all fairness, compare apples to apples instead of peaches or plums.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Wrangler unlimited? Seriously? I have yet to meet a pissed off 4-dr jeep owner.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.