GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is weak. I'm not a historian, but I don't think that mopar has outsold Ford for decades, if not half a century, and this hate monger just can't deal. It's ok to be a fan of a car company and loyal to a brand, but the venom I see here is uncalled for. I'm sure that there are just as many ardent Ford fan's out there on blueovalnews, but I haven't seen enything like this on that site aimed at other brands.

This writer needs to get a life. I probably shouldn't have even wasted the bandwith replying as it could draw attention to the lunacy . . .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Saabman, you know I've read it a couple of times looking for something that I knew was not true, but have not been able to pin anything down. Did you see something that you know is not true.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Originally posted by Hemi/Sbc@Jan 30 2004, 04:11 PM
Hey Saabman, you know I've read it a couple of times looking for something that I knew was not true, but have not been able to pin anything down. Did you see something that you know is not true.
Dude, your a Troll on BON and now your taking your anoying bashing to GMI. If you don't have anything valid to say then don't post. You only show these articles to start heated debates over fictitous statements. You've infected BON already, please leave GMI alone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
frenstall>"You only show these articles to start heated debates over fictitous statements."

Very good, now put up or shut up. Show proof that one statement in the article is not true.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Actually alot of this article is true. Henry Ford was a business man, not an inventor. Most of Ford's "inovations" were not actual Ford inventions. He just put it all together and made it work. Although this article is a bit jaded toward Chysler, the point stands: People have alot of misconceptions about Ford. If you study the farming industry you'll find that Ford screwed over alot of people to sell their product.

-T

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
wow! that is one cranky dude! there's a problem with exposing 'myths' and 'misconceptions'... they're just that! unless i see an official ford statement claiming to have invented the V8 or to have hundreds of innovations, i'm not going to get too worried. funny article, really. i feel better now... thanks!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
foolish. writer said..

"Everyone, including my friends, neighbors, and family members
told me that Henry Ford was the sole inventor of the engine and the
automobile and in fact Henry was probably the country's smartest
man; maybe even smarter than Levi Garrett.".

i have a friend who said this was the 1st time a foreign (new england)
football team has won the superbowl.lol.. see what happens
when you trust rumors and just plain dumb people.

as for levi garrett, dont know how smart of a man he was.
but he only went west to sell demin to miners to use as
tents, but discovered they needed pants that were more
durable and the denim was idea for that purpose.
(think thats how i remember it from the history channel)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IMPALA>"""as for levi garrett, dont know how smart of a man he was.
(think thats how i remember it from the history channel)''''

Wrong, different set of dogs. ;-) You probably never heard of GARRET snuff. There's little towns in Texas named "Dime Box" and "Old Dime Box". You want to take a guess as to what it was in reference to.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by Hemi/Sbc@Feb 3 2004, 05:57 PM
IMPALA>"""as for levi garrett, dont know how smart of a man he was.
(think thats how i remember it from the history channel)''''

Wrong, different set of dogs. ;-) You probably never heard of GARRET snuff. There's little towns in Texas named "Dime Box" and "Old Dime Box". You want to take a guess as to what it was in reference to.
ok, im thinking about the wrong person. but the point is, the writer in that articles is blasting ford because the rumors and incorrect information he received was not true. i hate to defend ford, but is that the fault of ford? did they ever mislead people to think he invented anything? if so, wheres that info?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Levi Strauss is the jeans dude.
Leif Garrett was a 60's pop star.
Leif Erriccson was an explorer.
Mrs Garrett was the Drummond's housekeeper before going to the Facts of Life.

Isn't word association fun?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Feb 3 2004, 06:27 PM
Levi Strauss is the jeans dude.
Leif Garrett was a 60's pop star.
Leif Erriccson was an explorer.
Mrs Garrett was the Drummond's housekeeper before going to the Facts of Life.

Isn't word association fun?
hmmmm.. this has me thinking. why hasnt levi strauss(or other designer) got together with a car company and did a car with all denim interior? ok, think im gettin sleepy now, starting to think of stupid stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts