GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for fun...some are dumb.

10. You get harassed by family members because you follow GM's advice and change the oil only "when the light says too".

9. You still have your POS Delco CD player that shoots more errors at you than Windows 98 because you can't find a aftermarket CD player the fits and looks right in the huge ******* hole.

8. You get the 15.99 oil change at Wal-Mart instead of the 18.99 one because GM has much lower tech engines then imports....therefor it does not need the "good oil".

7. Your mind is trained to automaticly subtract at least $4,000 from the MSRP on any new GM vehicle. While the sticker says $32,000....your brain sees $28,000.

6. You buy things on your GM card that you normally would pay for outright so you can earn more towards a new car.

5. It no longer seems weird to run around with your headlights on all day long.

4. Your family had grown three generations since the 3800 was introduced.

3. You have given up wondering who the hell put the damn cruise control on the windhield wiper stalk.

2. You don't question why a $34,000 Trailblazer would have such a useless feature as a voice recorder standard....but have a proprod instead of shocks to hold the hood up.

1. You trade your Impala in for a Buick Regal because it's "Time to move up in the world"?

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Nice. :)

How about -

11. You have at least 5 reasons memorized word for word for why Pushrods are better than DOHC engines.

12. You see red and black when you close your eyes at night because you've driven a Pontiac for the last 5 years.

13. You have owned 3 or more versions of ONE of the following in the last 20 years: the J-body, F-body, or S-10/Blazer platform. (e.g. 1 Sunbird, 2 Cavaliers)

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by Branden@Nov 23 2003, 08:16 PM
Just for fun...some are dumb.

7. Your mind is trained to automaticly subtract at least $4,000 from the MSRP on any new GM vehicle. While the sticker says $32,000....your brain sees $28,000.

6. You buy things on your GM card that you normally would pay for outright so you can earn more towards a new car.

5. It no longer seems weird to run around with your headlights on all day long.

3. You have given up wondering who the hell put the damn cruise control on the windhield wiper stalk.

2. You don't question why a $34,000 Trailblazer would have such a useless feature as a voice recorder standard....but have a proprod instead of shocks to hold the hood up.
Whoa. Hauntingly true. :blink:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Originally posted by IMPALAon20s@Nov 24 2003, 01:34 AM
i got one..

out of habit, you still try to pull your license plate down at the gas station!
hah... my camaro is like that... i have to pull way up to get to the pump... i think its cooler that way.

btw i have a 77 Z28

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by ReD-DaWg-OnE+Nov 24 2003, 01:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ReD-DaWg-OnE @ Nov 24 2003, 01:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-IMPALAon20s@Nov 24 2003, 01:34 AM
i got one..

hah... my camaro is like that... i have to pull way up to get to the pump... i think its cooler that way.

btw i have a 77 Z28[/b][/quote]

My 89 was the same way. They dropped that for the 4th gen in 93.

1. You trade your Impala in for a Buick Regal because it's "Time to move up in the world"?
That's my favorite because it's soooo true around here.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Originally posted by demonspeed+Nov 24 2003, 09:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (demonspeed @ Nov 24 2003, 09:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2003, 01:53 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-IMPALAon20s
@Nov 24 2003, 01:34 AM
i got one..

btw i have a 77 Z28
My 89 was the same way. They dropped that for the 4th gen in 93.

That's my favorite because it's soooo true around here. [/b][/quote]
demon speed I think the 3rd gens had the gas cap on the driver's side 1/4 panel just over the wheel well. At least that is how it was on my 91Z were the RS's or pre 90's different?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
got another one..crack about gm din and 1/2 radios..

you've have so many gm cars, that when you reach over to radio you try to enter your atm pincode

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
haha woops... :D I meant the fold down plates in general. The third gens did fold down, but that go you to the lock for the hatch. Sorry! B)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Originally posted by ReD-DaWg-OnE+Nov 24 2003, 01:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ReD-DaWg-OnE @ Nov 24 2003, 01:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-IMPALAon20s@Nov 24 2003, 01:34 AM
i got one..

btw i have a 77 Z28 [/b][/quote]
Yeah, I like my '79 Berlinetta cause of the little door between the tail lights that you open up to get to the gas filler and trunk lock.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Nov 23 2003, 09:05 PM

12. You see red and black when you close your eyes at night because you've driven a Pontiac for the last 5 years.
HAHA, I am sadly like that!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
how about this one,

you beleive that the column shifter is the best use of space

I know i am reviving a old post but its a good one.

Alan

·
Registered
524 Posts
"10. You get harassed by family members because you follow GM's advice and change the oil only "when the light says too."

It's actually a pretty good reference for synthetic oil. Conventional oil should be changed sooner.

"9. You still have your POS Delco CD player that shoots more errors at you than Windows 98 because you can't find a aftermarket CD player the fits and looks right in the huge ******* hole."

I've never had any problems with Delco stereos, but I agree with the second part. Aftermarket stereos look like crap.

"8. You get the 15.99 oil change at Wal-Mart instead of the 18.99 one because GM has much lower tech engines then imports....therefor it does not need the "good oil"."

Both oil changes use the same oil, the more expensive one gets your carpet vacuumed and fluid checked. I always use good oil.

"4. Your family had grown three generations since the 3800 was introduced. "

If your family has grown three generations since 1988, that's a little wierd. ;)

"3. You have given up wondering who the hell put the damn cruise control on the windhield wiper stalk. "

Why, I love it there.

"2. You don't question why a $34,000 Trailblazer would have such a useless feature as a voice recorder standard....but have a proprod instead of shocks to hold the hood up."

I would, every bottom of the line Buick has one. :p

"1. You trade your Impala in for a Buick Regal because it's "Time to move up in the world"?"

Never owned a Chevy. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Along the lines of #10:

"You always "fill 'er up" with the 87 (Cheapest) because OHV is less technologically advanced and of course so much worse then Honda's/Toyota's/et al's DOHC engines..."

·
Registered
633 Posts
You have memorized the taillights of Fox body Stangs.

You convinced yourself the sidesaddle gas tanks are a good thing.

Come up with ideas 5 years after someone else.

Think that all doors some like that when they are shut.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
You feel like a Vampire in a Holy Church when you set foot with a friend in a Honda or Toyota dealership lot. You break out in sweats, get nauseous, and feel like running towards the exit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts