GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Malibu has 111,500 miles and this morning the Service ESC and Service Traction messages appeared. The Traction Control light was on momentarily then went out. There was no surging or power loss and the messages did not reappear the rest of the way to work or on the way home.

Is this just something that shows up at a predetermined mileage, or do I have an issue to be concerned about? I'm driving from St. Louis to Orlando in 2 weeks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
My Malibu has 111,500 miles and this morning the Service ESC and Service Traction messages appeared. The Traction Control light was on momentarily then went out. There was no surging or power loss and the messages did not reappear the rest of the way to work or on the way home.

Is this just something that shows up at a predetermined mileage, or do I have an issue to be concerned about? I'm driving from St. Louis to Orlando in 2 weeks.

Thanks!

You should have the vehicle scanned for any stored code(s). That will point you in the correct direction. It is possible no code set if the display was for just a moment.

Chances are you have a wheel ABS sensor or wiring issue. Usually, the front wiring harnesses develop a problem due to the constant turning (side-to-side) of the suspension. Check the wiring and connectors for any obvious signs of wear or damage. GM makes front wiring harness replacements that are easy to service. If you live in the rust belt - you may have slight corrosion in the harness connector where it attaches to the wheel hub. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.