GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an '09 Malibu LTZ a while ago, and am dying to find out the status of the build. Two-tone leather, remote start, bluetooth, six speed tranny, so many "xtras" in this car! I can't wait to see it!!

My dealer has been super-friendly, but not very helpful (read: quick) in response to inquiries regarding its status.

Has anyone here received any '09 "factory" orders yet? I'd appreciate if anyone out there is AWESOME enough check on the status of my order #MZWN79.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Several have on the Malibu forum:

http://www.chevymalibuforum.com/forums/

And they've been on lots in general dealer ordering stock for over a month, starting back in late July. All your dealer has to do is check their system for status and see what the status code (it's a number, which then means a certain status level) is currently. "Sold" orders of the Malibu do not take a huge amount of time in most cases, and people generally get them pretty quickly.

The dealer is the only way you can get updates, really, and if anything, just ask them for what status code it is at. Did they give you any info when they ordered it as to their allocation status (i.e. openings they have to fill via GM on what they can order) or when/how it would be submitted (can be either part of general stock or, of course, ordered as sold to give it priority).

When did you order and what were you told then?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm a dealer. I just need the info from my prior post to look it up.

edit: If your sales guy is being slow, it doesn't hurt to call the dealer and ask for the Inventory Manager. They can look it up in no time as well and give you the TPW (target production week) and if it's been invoiced, the "exp i/t" (the in transit expiration date).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the support! The dealer is Classic Chevrolet in Moorestown, NJ 08057. The order number is MZWN79. I appreciate the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts