GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
Re: 09 Cadillac XLR-V

should be a good one. From a philosophical level the DOHC S/C N* is the way to go, but from a power and 'beat AMG' standpoint, give me the S/C OVH V8, same one with no power down rating from ZR1!

CobaltSS

·
Registered
4,548 Posts

it better be over 500 hp to stay competitive.

but in all seriousness. who would buy this over a ZR1 which is the same price.. interior almost the same.. but the ZR1 is one of the fastest cars in the world

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts

but in all seriousness. who would buy this over a ZR1 which is the same price.. interior almost the same.. but the ZR1 is one of the fastest cars in the world
I would bet if they're going with the LS9 in the next-gen XLR-V, it's going to be over $100k. I thought the original was over-priced to begin with. My guess is that it's going to get the LSA from the CTS-V. 550 horse ain't too shabby.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts

cant wait to see this puppy naked :D
You'll need to get a few drinks in her first before she will start stripping for you.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
While driving, every time I see an XLR or V my eyes follow it for as long as it is safe to do so. It appears Cadillac is going to subtlely restyle it,which is good news. A new interior and a move to LS engines would be positive moves in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I can't wait to see it unveiled! Along with the small crossovers, Caddy is coming around. Just need a replacement for the STS/DTS and a smaller Caddy and we'll be good to go!

·
Registered
496 Posts
An upgrade to the LSA/LS9 engine makes sense ... if you want world competitive or world beating, you can't sit back and use an engine that will be out of production in two years.

·
Registered
479 Posts
While driving, every time I see an XLR or V my eyes follow it for as long as it is safe to do so. It appears Cadillac is going to subtlely restyle it,which is good news. A new interior and a move to LS engines would be positive moves in my opinion.

I really don't have high hopes for this refresh. Cadillac historically doesn't have a good track record when it comes to MCEs. They'd rather half ass it and cancel the vehicle because nobody's interested in buying the 'stale bread' they're peddling. :mad:

·
Registered
2,708 Posts

Because of the often poor service provided by Chevrolet dealers for Corvette owners. I know, I have owned at least one Corvette for 33 years. It has been my experience that many Chevrolet dealers do NOT provide good service for Corvette owners and do not have the expertise to work on the Corvette. Some Chevrolet service departments treat a Corvette like it is a 10-year old "beater" and don't even have the courtesy to keep it from getting grease and oil stains from their employees.

Cadilac dealers provide a higher level of service than many Chevrolet dealers - and they often treat their customers better.

Just my long-term experience with Chevrolet service.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
I really don't have high hopes for this refresh. Cadillac historically doesn't have a good track record when it comes to MCEs. They'd rather half ass it and cancel the vehicle because nobody's interested in buying the 'stale bread' they're peddling. :mad:
yes, like when they totally redesigned the SRX's interior for 2007. They did it then and I'm sure they will do it now.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
The XLR is one of my fav. vehicles!! Cant wait to see the revised front and back!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Well, since the Black Series SL has over 600 hp, 550 hp would actually be low

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
The front was beggining to look 80's and the butt needs major upgrades. Interior materials are top notch but the design sucks.. perhaps a CTS style complete interior re-do and European, perhaps Saab Inspired front seats might save this car.
I like what they seem to have done with the wheel arch's.. they look like they have been re-done

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Looks good.

I hope they ditch the Northstar.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts