GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a garage kept 08 Redline with 44K on the clock so it's not like it stays out in the weather with lots of miles.

The chrome is peeling off of the drivers interior door handle and one of the chrome vents on the hood. The vent can be changed pretty easy I'm not sure about the door handle.

I'm very disappointed in the quality of the car. The car has been flawless except for going to the shop once at 25K to get the MAF replaced.

For this chrome to be peeling is just BS! Not happy with GM!:(

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My garage-kept 2006 Mercedes CLS had peeling "chrome" on the cupholder trim if that makes you feel any better. Fake chrome isn't built to last.
Appreciate that... it is disappointing though. :(

And you know when the wife is not happy no one is happy! I have to get this stuff fixed.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,369 Posts
Appreciate that... it is disappointing though. :(

And you know when the wife is not happy no one is happy! I have to get this stuff fixed.

Have you tried complaining to GM? They had a recall a while back, some of their P/U & SUV's had a sharp edge cutting fingers, one would think this could do the same.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I've got the same problem on two of the door handles on my '08 Trailblazer SS - which is my wife's car. Dealer tells me he's seen many with bad chrome. Same with the Chevy Bowtie emblems. I have had to replace both of them when they bubbled. On the other hand its been a great vehicle. It's just that the small stuff can drive you crazy - when it drives your wife crazy.

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Happy wife happy life. My suggestion is to replace those items and consider that your wife may be unhappy in other areas of her life...(weight, friends, parents etc)

Honestly it often is just listening to her perspective...nodding and agreeing....definitely not a fixable issue like chrome peeling. Those are just symptoms.....and believe me they do not want you to tell them how to fix whatever problem they might have. They just want you to listen.

Just my two cents..you ve got a lot of cool rides...just taking a guess....she might want you to thin the herd...or not..

Good luck and welcome to the club.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts