GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20 years as a mech. had to take car under warranty to dealer "the gods of cars" .for one they look at you like you are the biggest moron. one issue was the a/c compressor runs constantly with selector on floor without a/c button depressed ,turn to vent comp. shuts off ,dealer says its normal .all my other cars "gm" do not do this .i went across to used car lot of same dealer looked at 2 other 07'cobalts they did not do that. DOES SOMEONE HAVE AN IDEA?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
depends on if its in defrost mode or not, also depends on what mode its in. could be acting up, i would have to see it to know what your talking about exactly, i dont want to tell you one thing and be wrong. if you could be more clear on what exactly its doing i might be able to help more.

i need an exact scenario of what you do. i will compare it to my ion, for starters, and then to some other cobalts i come across on my normal day. either way, whether or not it be normal or a problem with it, we can figure it out.

·
Registered
721 Posts
The recirculation mode also runs the compressor periodically.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the statement is just what it is.. the comp. comes on with the selector on "floor" without the a/c button on. i know it will come on automatically when on defr. or floor/defr. or on vent when the a/c button is on

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
i would have to say that is probably a fault in the control head. but it depends, because if it uses the floor vents as a defrost mode, because it will run it in those modes as a normal operation. i will experiment with my saturn tomorrow.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I just checked the description and operation of that system.It is normal.The newer systems do not operate like cars from years ago.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
My 2006 G5 GT does that. If you have the mode set to floor with recirc and ac buttons off, you can turn the blower from 0 to 1 and hear the compressor kick in.

The GF's 2005 G5 base does not do it.

The dealer could not answer why this was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts