GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Originally posted by Josh O@Jan 14 2004, 12:02 PM
Hey Branden, I thought this wasnt going to happen?? I thought the GTO wasnt going to get a 6.0l engine nor scoops.

Man its tough being this good
I have posted on NewAgeGTO.com several times the GTO will have hood scoops....I don't recall posting anything about the engine because I was asked not to by Pontiac. Either way..don't start a pissing match you can't win...

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Originally posted by b4z@Jan 15 2004, 01:23 AM
Vette weighs 500 lbs less than GTO.
Didn't we have somebody say that they have already done a LS2 on the assembly line as a pilot vehicle?
umm, the vette weights 3150 (or around there) where the GTO weights near 3900lbs... much more then 500lbs.

·
Registered
750 Posts
GTO 3725
Z 3116
Base 3214

511 LBS heavier then base, 609 heavier then the Z

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
The 5.7 will most likely go away by 06 or 07 so that would leave the LS2 400HP V8 for the GTO and CTSv allong with the base VETTE.And I hope the SSR allso gets it to make a perfect 4 with 400HP GM battel cry.All thow they could make the the 5.7 become a PONTAIC only engine that would be cool. :D

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Originally posted by gtogary@Jan 15 2004, 11:16 PM
I haven't had access to my computer for a few weeks...but....news flash.... "389" referred to cubes, not horsepower.
.... you dont say :rolleyes:

the 389 was a relation to the cubic inches, only in hp....

·
Registered
641 Posts
If I had my way I would like the '05 to have the LS2 but I wouldn't want the hood scoops.

I am one of the few people that actually really digs the look of this GTO.

Of course I am too young to remember the original GTO...

Personally I wouldn't have cared in the least if they called it the Pontiac GTO, the Pontiac Monaro, or if it was a Grand Prix coupe.

in the end...it looks good, performs great, and is very high quality inside and out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
SJZ3,

You're not the minority, but I'm sure the boards you've been visiting have made you feel so. Try NewAgeGTO.com and LS1GTO.com for some honest and accurate information regarding the GTO. Most of the performance enthusiasts boards are starting to warm up to the GTO, especially after the M6 with CAI posted 313 rwhp and 333 rwtq! Who cares what the fender says, it's all LS1 under the hood.

B)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts