1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well thats awsome. they always make improvments over the first year.
ram air hood dual exhaust and more HP. what more could you want except to drop the price. i wonderif it will be 400hp like the vette

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by RED97GT@Jan 12 2004, 06:42 PM
Well thats awsome. they always make improvments over the first year.
ram air hood dual exhaust and more HP. what more could you want except to drop the price. i wonderif it will be 400hp like the vette
most likely it will get 400hp, just not advertised as 400hp. Maybe 389 just for nostalgic reasons?
And it always had dual exhaust.

·
Registered
750 Posts
ugh welcome back tacky hoods and boy racer looks.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by goatfarmer@Jan 12 2004, 06:06 PM
by the time i get my o4 gto, it will be an 05
That's why you all should have waited.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Yeah, boy it'll suck to have a functional cool-looking hood again, Nocturn <_<

If you don't like cars that are actually styled to look cool go buy a toyota. They have many cookie-cutters to choose from.

·
Registered
129 Posts
LS2 is not going to happen in 2005. The scoops will though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
LS6 maybe. LS2 no.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Explain to me how they will be functional, even if they are opened they wont be any performance gains from them. Secondly, they wont look good, every concept I have seen the scoops dont work with the body lines and it looks ackward. So if your the type that thinks weird out of place hoods look good then feel free to go out and strap on a WS6 hood on the new GTO.

I dont like cookie cuter cars, and nor is the GTO/Monaro one of them. You need to look more at the cars, and its proportions, compare that to the new C5 11/16th that everyone seems to love before you talk about cookie cutters.

·
Registered
710 Posts
GM will not rate the GTO near the 400-hp Corvette.
Like the rumors about a 340-hp (or so) Camaro, the
GTO will probably get a slightly detuned LS2 version.

But if GM just crams in the stock 400-hp LS1, claims
an underestimated 350 or 360-hp, that would be cool.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I agree with cvp33. I think it is more likely that they will put exactly the same motor. They may add a few horses, but I really doubt they are going to put the LS2.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
With the gen III's leaving, an LS2 to be shared by all of the holden line doesnt mean that the GTO will share the burden of the motor alone. The Aussies at other sites have shown pictuers of 6.0 motors in mule holdens and have seen them driving around. The LS2 is a likely engine for next year. It probably wont be the 400 as us fbody people know that. I say 389, just to be nostalgic....

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey Branden, I thought this wasnt going to happen?? I thought the GTO wasnt going to get a 6.0l engine nor scoops.

Man its tough being this good

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think either way we are looking at a 400hp car, no matter what GM rates it at to be under the C6.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Oh man here we go...... :argue:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by LGRpup@Jan 14 2004, 08:06 PM
Oh man here we go...... :argue:
why, is that was Josh said in another post? If soo, no duh. It was just a matter of time before the LS2 found its way into the hands of holden.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Vette weighs 500 lbs less than GTO.
Didn't we have somebody say that they have already done a LS2 on the assembly line as a pilot vehicle?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts