GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like front passenger side HVAC is stuck on blowing in defrost mode. When I change to face or feet, the passenger side stays at window defrost. Doesnt matter when I cycle the speed from low to high, it all blows the same speed. All temperatures ranges work just fine, just stuck in defrost on passenger side. Also, when I turn off the vehicle, the passenger side blower motor stays running. I had to pull the 40amp blower fuse under the hood to keep the blower off. Any possible fix out there? Thanks all.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
I would say the fan speed issue you might need a new motor as most MODERN HVAC systems use a motor with a built in controller and run constant power to the motor and have the HVAC computer send a signal to the motor controller and the default fail mode is FULL ON and for the stuck to defrost Defrost mode is the failure mode for it also
I do not know what has stuffed up for the defrost mode but maybe the heater control unit OR the actuator unit attached to the blend door

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks richmond2000.
Had 2 things wrong. First was the blower motor resistor. Replaced it to fix the blower constantly running but then the blower would work, but no air would come through the floor, vent or defrost. Had to take it to a mechanic to figure that one out. Ended up being 2 wires that were chaffed. Common occurrence for the suburban from what Ive bee researching.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts