GM Inside News Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought this 02 EXT Trailblazer, fully loaded in Sept. '02...starting in Nov. '02 I've brought it in due to failure to shift into second gear 4 times,(Nov '02, Feb '03, June 03, May 04) it's going in again next week. First time in they said there was no problem, second time in they said there was a TSB about a small piece of metal in the valve body, so the transmission was removed and valve body cleaned out, third time in, no problems found, "operating to manufacturer's standards", 4th time in, was told it was a computer problem and an upload was done....problem still there, though a bit less loud and when finally shifts, is smoother. One day after last "fix" it still hesitated shifting into second, now they say there's a TSB about a "Perceived Transmission Hesitation" (nothing perceived about it, when your vehicle isn't getting up to speed and you've got traffic behind you). Initially loved this vehicle, but with this problem am ready to get the "lemon Law" behind me, if possible. One other problem was last April the Spark Plug Coil needed to be replaced, plus have problem with the passenger seatbelt tightening up, really tight! Hope to have that fixed while they have it next week to fix the transmission problem that operates to manufacturer's standards! Spent $35,000 for this truck, it has 16,700 miles on it and I feel like my problems are just starting.
If anyone has had similar problems I would like to know, hopefully it will help with my communicating with the Service Dept...Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
:huh:

Jesus. Just shelled out $720 + to have this problem corrected with the TCM in a '99 Blazer. Last year it was the DexCool in the coolant system turning to sludge and causing the engine to overheat. Once I get my year bonus, I am going back to being a loyal Ford owner. This car has been nothing but a headache....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by LakeMichigan+Jun 15 2004, 07:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LakeMichigan @ Jun 15 2004, 07:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-slaurie@Jun 15 2004, 02:26 PM

Jesus.  Just shelled out $720 + to have this problem corrected with the TCM in a '99 Blazer.  Last year it was the DexCool in the coolant system turning to sludge and causing the engine to overheat.  Once I get my year bonus, I am going back to being a loyal Ford owner.  This car has been nothing but a headache....
a repair on a FIVE year old vehicle??? :grenade: [/b][/quote]
That has not been the only issue. Had major electrical system problems with the car, which were covered under the original mfr. warranty. It seems that once the Blazer came out of warranty that the big repair bills came along. Don't get me wrong, I like the Blazer and my Ford comment was probably misguided. What I didnt mention is I have 3 kids (all which need to be in car seats) so the Blazer is kinda small.

Any recommendations on a truck that has optional third row seating?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Originally posted by slaurie@Jun 15 2004, 12:26 PM

Jesus. Just shelled out $720 + to have this problem corrected with the TCM in a '99 Blazer. Last year it was the DexCool in the coolant system turning to sludge and causing the engine to overheat. Once I get my year bonus, I am going back to being a loyal Ford owner. This car has been nothing but a headache....
Did you ever top up the anti-freeze with tap water by any chance?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Did you ever top up the anti-freeze with tap water by any chance?

I use tap water if its good enough for GM its good enough for me, about all them early Dexcool 4.3 Blazer engines were a problem,why I don't really know and if GM knows they aren't saying

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.