GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

I was browsing on this site, www.modernracer.com and they have a feature article on the Cobalt. :D

Cobalt Review

In here they mention:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Journalists were recently allowed a close-up look at some of the various Cobalt models. The examples shown were prototypes, but they're said to be practically indistinguishable from what the final production versions will be. There were no opportunities to drive them, but all present were allowed to look them over closely inside and out, giving a good opportunity to see this significant new performance car firsthand.
Cobalt SS is available as a four-door sedan or two-door coupe. It has a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine that makes 170 horsepower, 30 more than the 2.2-liter of base, LS, and LT models. Available transmissions in the SS are standard 5-speed manual or optional 4-speed automatic. Also included in the SS are sport-tuned suspension; disc instead of drum rear brakes; 17-inch alloy wheels; and unique trim.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

They mention a 5 speed SS. Whoop diddly doo......of course a few weeks back we got a post from a member saying they had a "prototype" car, and it was a 2.4 5spd.

So if this is production model, Chevy is on the right path.

Also they listed the Cobalt SS-SC as 0-60 in 6.4, and hits 14.9 in the 1/4 mile. This is good news, as I'm looking at an SS-nonSC then using the 2.4L to my advantage. :zippy:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by thehemi@Jun 18 2004, 01:43 PM
Chevrolet.com says no 5-speeds on the non-blown SS models.
But remember when was the last time Chevy updated that page?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Originally posted by thehemi@Jun 18 2004, 01:43 PM
Chevrolet.com says no 5-speeds on the non-blown SS models.
The automatic is standard, but maybe the five-speed is a no-cost option or, even better, a delete option.

BTW, I saw a Cobalt SS at the GM Autoshow in Motion, and I came away very impressed. I wished they'd have had one available to drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts