GM Inside News Forum banner

07 Chevelle Convertible

2K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  monger 
#1 ·
#10 ·
Sign Me up for a black convertible. WOW - I wish GM could build a car that shows some passion and desire like this. Keep them coming..

#11 ·
Sorry for yet another "me-too" post, but this one is good even for you, Rex, a legitimate crowd-drawer.

At the same time, don't be shy about playing around with the concept a bit, I'd love to see more variations. Brainstorming a bit...chrome, scoops, maybe even play with the dimensions a little to make a mid-engine roadster based on the SS instead of the Solstice.

Ghrank

#14 ·
I really like your concept, Rex, and liked the SS concept itself, but I just have trouble accepting it as a Chevy. The design just doesn't go well with the rest of Chevy's vehicles (except maybe the SSR). As a concept, it's great, I just wouldn't want to see it put into production. :drevil:

#15 ·
Originally posted by CaveTroll15@Nov 26 2003, 07:27 AM
I really like your concept, Rex, and liked the SS concept itself, but I just have trouble accepting it as a Chevy. The design just doesn't go well with the rest of Chevy's vehicles (except maybe the SSR). As a concept, it's great, I just wouldn't want to see it put into production. :drevil:
Would you prefer it to look more lie a Cavalier or more like a Impala?

It's Chevy that needs to change their other cars to look like this one, not to make this one look like their other boring designs.

#16 ·
I guess when i said, "Chevy" what I really meant was GM. GM's modern sports cars (excluding the Corvette, of course) tend to have straight, clean lines and more muscular, as opposed to sleek, curves (again, excluding the 'Vette).

Of course, I wouldn't want anything new to resemble the Cavalier or the Impala. But they certainly are not new themselves. Look at the design ideas in the Malibu's styling, obviously it isn't a sports car, but you get the picture.

Not to be misunderstood, I wouldn't be upset if the design ideas were to evolve into something more. . . curvaceous. This is definitely another example of a beautiful concept from you, Rex. Keep up the fresh ideas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.