GM Inside News Forum banner

The Race

720 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jwrebholz 
#1 ·
Just a simple little story inspired by my first drive in my then brand-new Vibe. I was super excited and feeling pretty giddy... though I knew enough to know that my little buggy didn't have a hope of racing a Vette. Turns out the Vette driver wasn't looking to make some sucker in a 4-cyl wagon look foolish... he was just trying to share a moment that only real car guys could 'get', no matter how many cylinders they have pumping for them!

Oh, and no Camrys were hurt in the making of this story. Unfortunately.

The Race

Surely complete strangers are as excited by my new Vibe as me, right?! The car has only been out a few weeks, and is a rare sight. THERE! That Corvette driver is staring!

Hmmm… he’s matched my speed… what does he want? Oh are you serious buddy? You want to race? I’m the first to admit this thing is no match for your V8 toy! Go away… leave the poor 1.8L boy alone! Ah fine… let’s have some fun then.

You may have power, handling and braking… but I have… well I got nuthin’! So why is it you’re right behind me still? There, I’ll move… GO AHEAD! The lane is clear! Geez man… what do you want?

Still there, eh? Well let’s see if I can’t sneak away from you. Right lane, left lane… get out of the way stupid Camry… I’m trying to lose a Vette! Ah, he snuck up on the right side… he’ll be gone.

But no… still right in front of me! How’s about I show you some more tailgate buddy! ZOOM! Ah, this thing zigs and zags with the best of the mediocre! There, a bit of open road… let’s see if he speeds up with me. Gotta take it easy… this thing isn’t even broken in yet!

Well, I’m not sure what he’s trying to prove… hanging onto me like that. Ah, he’s pulling out for the pass… betcha I get the finger…

Thumbs up! Imagine that! Wonder what all that was about! Guess some people can appreciate that it’s about having fun in the car you have, and not feeling bad about the car you don’t have!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.