GM Inside News Forum banner

Walking Dead Heartbeat?

6K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  IROCNROL1 
#1 ·
Since the Camaro is semi officially dead after this generation, what better way to send it off than with the new LT2 engine? Have it go out in style. Do the right thing GM.

#2 ·
Gm will probably movemthe LT2 into the camaro a year or so after the corvette hits the showrooms.

Rumor was the now doa z28 was supposed to get the LT2...

The camaro ss, the ss 1LE and of course the zl1 are awesome...

Personally i think the 6 th gen was nicer before they started messing around with the styling...

I like or rather the purity of a design as it hits rather than the *******ization that often occurs on a mid cycle refresh...but in person the 2019 and 2020 camaro ss or zl1 looked good...

I think keeping the alpha platform or moving to alpha 2 if need be...and designing the restyled camaro as a ferrari portofino would be a huge sales success ...just out that restyle on the alpha platform..

The alpha platform with the lt1 and lt4 engines are in my opinion best in class...

Woth the corvette going mid rear engine... a camaro that stayed on the same platform but looked like a ferrari portofino would be a hige success

Never happen as gm would rather drop the camaro than follow some fans suggestions...

I cant imagine it would ge too hard to restyle the alpha platform to accommodate a portofino body shape...

It was never the rear view or the side view handicap supposed consumers balked at...

It was just they were passionately driven to a must have moment with the reserved conservative yet beautiful 6 th gen camaro styling...

As an example the c8 hit the web thursday last week...it soo stunning you think I care wjat the view out the back window is...? I have to have that corvette c8 z51 fe4 hopefully delivered by the first quarter of 2020...

The bullcrap whiners of the camaro 6 th gen visability issues would all shut the hell up of for the same money as a sixth gen camaro they could own a car that looks like and performs like a ferrari portofino or an aston martin......

Passion makes sales...performance makes sales and of course price...

Attractive yet niw somewhat Boring styling thats been out too long (since 2010) makes excuses ten years later...

#3 ·
I still think engine power has a bit to do with sales. Maybe not. LT1, 3.6 and 2.0T power levels haven't increased in years while Mustang in particular but Challenger also have steadily increased. Granted, the Dodge V8 started out pretty feisty anyway. Going to the LT2 would definitely be a nice performance boost for a car having trouble with the Mustang right now.

But what about the base engine(s)? Well, if I had to choose between the Camaro 2.0T and the Mustang 2.3T then I would go with the Mustang as much as it pains me to say so. Fortunately, I don't have to make that choice because I will NEVER buy a turbo 4. Why? It may be a silly reason but it's the sound, pure and simple. I would dump this engine if it were my decision.

The 3.6? I don't know if it's feasible but a bit of a displacement boost would definitely wake it up. If that's a no go then boost it with a turbo. Keep the 'factory' HP somewhat below 400, say 380ish and GM wouldn't have to worry about it encroaching on the LT2. Because it wouldn't be, especially if you're talking an LT2 powered SS.

Just my thoughts.

#6 · (Edited)
I have certain secret informants and special sources that tell me there will soon be a 7 1/2 gen Camero Superb Sprots ute, tentatively called the Camarain or Camaradia.

My sources tell me those are combo-words of the C-car plus GMC utes, and the ute will be sold at specially formulated Saturn, Uranus, and DeSoto dealerships.

DO NOT TELL ANYONE!!! This is EYES ONLY stuff that only certain very important people in GM and the NSA hold, and as you can see it's carefully controlled information, I mean intel. :drive:

Reactions: Mr.Buttons
#10 · (Edited)
Coincidentally, I've heard something very similarly different. I demanded proof because if true, this could throw everything automotive out of kilter. My source has an impeccable record so far and said proof will be forthcoming. We shall see.

This is beyond eyes only so as Sgt. Schultz might say....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ag4nkSh7Q

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.