GM Inside News Forum banner

The Rear Fascia Design the Next Gen Camaro Desperately Needs

11K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  samy1691 
#1 ·
The transformation the C7 Corvette rear undergoes for using those four, Ford GT tails is incredible. I don't particularly care for the C7 Corvette, the design being both too busy and too derivative depending upon where you look. But this? That would be the best looking Corvette rump since the C2, and that by some margin. Those tail lights look far better here than they do on the GT that they came off of IMO.

GM probably can't really do this with the C7 at this stage since it will be gone soon enough. But, there is no reason the next gen Camaro couldn't benefit from some classic, four tail goodness. Just rip that basic rear fascia design off outright and 1/3 of how to make the Camaro great again is solved IMO.

See less See more
#2 ·
The youngsters would probably object, but I find it more palatable and more Corvette-y. Imagine if RR did away with their grill or BMW merged their twin grills!

Reactions: SVT74
#5 ·
Yeah, I fear GM is losing their way with Corvette. It is an exceptional car dynamically speaking, and it still sells well, but I think C7 started a move off the reservation and C8 is taking that to the extreme.

Yeah I really, really hate that. The C7 is by far the sexiest Corvette to date and quite frankly the only one I would ever consider buying.
If you think the C7 Corvette is anything like on par with the 63-67 C2 model I don't know where we can find you help sir. :) The C2 is very arguably one of the five best looking post WW2 American cars.

See above.

#12 ·
I find it too brutalist / transformers / anime / origami...for my taste. Besides, I can't fit into it as comfortably as my C3.

#9 ·
I remember when the C4 was compared side by side with the C3. It was amazing how fragile the C3 styling looked compared to the C4. The sharp edges simply looked brittle, like they would break off very easily.
The C4, even though it had a few sharp edges looked more substantial, stronger. More robust.
The C7 went back to a look that appears fragile. Too many sharp edges and angles looking all the world like rigid brittle plastic.
And way too much black plastic. That is what really makes the C7 seem inferior to previous models.
"We couldn't figure out how to finish the body design so we just gave up and went Asian with black plastic."

#16 ·
Opinions on looks and appearance , especially for an automobile, or so highly subjective that I hope the OP doesn't take it too personally about ones objection to this.

Having owned a few Camaros, the thought of adopting a design from the Corvette, whether nice looking or not, does not appeal to me. Especially the C7 variation. It's just plain ugly. I know I'll get flamed for this one :cool:

I never liked the C6 nor C7 rear fascia. It looks as though GM had a different idea but couldn't decide, then proceeded to hurriedly chop the rear off with a mill saw and roll it out on the show room floor.

I have no problem with the present rear design of the 2019 Camaro. It's the front on the SS models that need serious help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.