GM Inside News Forum banner

Chevrolet Camaro Morphed Into A Modern Nomad

10K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Rumpole 
#1 ·
Carscoops
By Brad Anderson
Sep. 16, 2017

Created by Rain Prisk, this isn’t just a Camaro Shooting Brake but is also a spiritual successor to the iconic Chevrolet Nomad station wagon.

Like most Shooting Brake vehicles, the front half of the Camaro looks identical to the coupe. However, the shape of the side windows has been transformed and they now taper backwards and are angled in the direction of the rear wheel arches.
*Full Article at Link

See less See more
#4 ·
I actually prefer it with the cladding, I think that would really make it stand out. Slammed is nice, would look good at normal ride height.

I REALLY like the center-mounted exhausts on the rendering in the OP, and think it'd be neat for Chevy to "claim" that for Corvette AND Camaro. I don't think it'll be on the ME Vette, though.

Making the Camaro stand apart from its peers wouldn't be too hard, just takes some initiative.

#8 · (Edited)
Carscoops
By Brad Anderson
Sep. 16, 2017

*Full Article at Link
I'd really like to see how many people would buys this.

#14 ·
If Kia can do this, Plus the Stinger, we had the Magnum, why can't GM do it, and make it affordable, non-caddy.....Chevy, or Buick. This Camaro shooting brake would be a great car, it will sell a ton.

#16 ·
It looks fantastic and I would buy one in a heartbeat. I felt the same way about the Cadillac CTS-V wagon. I am still looking for a good used one. Unfortunately, for me and others like me GM makes way too much money on SUVs and didn't make money on wagons.
We are not alone. Where I live in Florida I occasionally hang with BMW, Mercedes and Audi owners who despite being a bit long in the tooth still like performance cars. They are all complaining about the same thing. They want the performance wagons they have purchased in the past. However, their favorite makes are forcing them to consider SUVs or cross overs that in many cases are now built in the US.
I'm not giving up hope but I fear that I am part of a demographic that is too small for GM to take seriously.

#17 ·
It looks fantastic and I would buy one in a heartbeat. I felt the same way about the Cadillac CTS-V wagon. I am still looking for a good used one. Unfortunately, for me and others like me GM makes way too much money on SUVs and didn't make money on wagons.
We are not alone. Where I live in Florida I occasionally hang with BMW, Mercedes and Audi owners who despite being a bit long in the tooth still like performance cars. They are all complaining about the same thing. They want the performance wagons they have purchased in the past. However, their favorite makes are forcing them to consider SUVs or cross overs that in many cases are now built in the US.
I'm not giving up hope but I fear that I am part of a demographic that is too small for GM to take seriously.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.