GM Inside News Forum banner

Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang Vs. Chevy Camaro SS

8K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  bangstudios 
#1 ·
Reactions: Butz
#2 ·
Thanks for posting up..even I have a tough time deciding which I like better.

Both awesome machines...

Can't wait to see them both in person to decide...

It's that close.

#5 ·
The GT350 is the image performance car Mustang fans have wanted, and it's here now, priced high but not unreachable. It's a keeper, with major collector value long term.
The Camaro SS is a great performer, something to enjoy, beat on, race, but it's not a keeper, as in a collector car. More an everyday great performer.
How lucky we are to have two such great American sporty/sports cars!

#6 ·
Although I agree with your insights on the gt350...

I'm not quite I agree with your assertion on the 2016 camaro SS...

The car literally kicks butt...and could take out the gt350 from a performance standpoint....

That is quite memorable ...

#11 ·
Your right...I'm not into collector cars...I'm of the old school...use it and lose it..

Driving the cars is what it's all about for me...

I'll take the depreciation and enjoy my time with driving the car...

I never understood the value or reasoning of not driving a car in the garage and saving it for the next owner....

One journey through life....might as experience it...

I laugh as I see guys selling similar year corvettes to mine with less than 10k mikes for a few bucks more than I can sell my 94k mile version...I realize my cars far from a collectible but the point stands...use the car as it was designed....loose an extra ten grand or less and who gives a crap... ;)

If the ford gt350 sits in the garage collecting duet ...does anyone hear the wail of its engine on a daily basis....or benefit of its chassis dynamics?

Sad to hear only 4000 gt350s will be produced each year...

That alone turns me off....

I'm not sure I like the creases and such on the new camaro ss.... I can't wait to see one in person to decide...I enjoy the fact that tens of thousands will be produced to offer consumers a chance to enjoy such performance ...

Camaro ss
MRC
Npp

Around forty grand...

Not to forget the A8 available and even quicker than the manual....again for around 40 grand...give or take a grand or two depending on options...

That's corvette performance in a 2 plus 2 for 30 percent less?

65 for a c7 z51 with MRC I believe...maybe 60 large before 3 rd year incentives....
40 to 42 grand for a camaro ss that offers 2+2 seating and near equal performance

That's what gm is putting on the table...
This new camaro ss for 2016 is the near equal to the fifth gen zL1 and z28 performance in acceleration and handling as well as braking...but probably not all out track times on a road course....but it's dam close for half the price....

And that's quite an achievement in my opinion...

#25 · (Edited)
Ford enthusiasts talking about the mustang being a better vehicle for ford are missing the point of ownership.

Nobody chooses or buys a high performance car because it's more profitable for the company.that builds the car

Let's at the very least wait for the 2016 camaro ss hits the streets.

Test drives are worth more than this ridiculous discussion especially with no facts other than the performance statistics....which are quite favorable to the 40 grand camaro ss with MRC and npp exhaust.

For those that prefer the more expensive gt350...it's ok...

We don't have to have extended conversations like this...

If you really want to help ford ...then just pay even more than the company or the dealerships are asking for...

In fact insist on it....

That will help ford motor company and the dealership be profitable.

#28 ·
Went car shopping today and saw the new 6 th gen camaro in person for the first time. Much more manageable size....in fact it surprised me how small the car appears ....

Very well done front and side view. I'm not a fan of the rear bumper and tail light treatment on the 6th gen.

It's ok but the bumper cover is strange to me...at least in the showroom.

I shopped the jaguar f type r,,,,the m4 , the c7 z06 and all are about double the camaro ss...

If money were an object...the camaro ss for around 42 grand brand new is a hell of a deal. Performance equal to 2 out of three mentioned I was looking at...

I know it's ridiculous to compare the mustang gt350 or camaro ss to those other cars....

Still while all very cool...the jaguar f type r is my personal favorite...and even then the coupe is missing the targa roof the corvette offers...

Still it's a looker for sure...

Wow....

Btw..the sight lines in the camaro are fine...the interior was a nice place and very cool...materials of the 1ss are no where near the others but that's never been a big deal for me....the steering wheel felt real good....the placement of the gauges were good....the sight line to the front and the sides good..

I also made sure I was comfortable driving with my elbow out the drivers side window..so except for the rear bumper cover ...it was a hell of a car.

I see the performance stats and know that's a win...

Glad I got to check it out...

If I needed or wanted a 2 +2 for 40 large brand new....the camaro would do the trick...

For me it would be a 1ss, MRC, npp and probably I'd try the A8 since it's actually quicker than the manual...

That blue was sharp as hell but I'm partial to torch red with a black interior...

Jmo

Reactions: hrcslam
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.