Kroger offering 20 new E85 pumps in Ohio/Kentucky

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Kroger offering 20 new E85 pumps in Ohio/Kentucky

Thanks

Kroger offering 20 new E85 pumps in Ohio/Kentucky

Kroger filling stations to offer VeraSun E85

CINCINNATI, August 28 – The Kroger Co., VeraSun Energy Corp. and Enterprise Rent-A-Car announced several moves Tuesday to make VeraSun-branded VE85TM ethanol an easier choice for rental customers.

Under a first-of-its-kind supply arrangement, Kroger will sell VeraSun-branded VE85TM – a clean-burning fuel made from corn – at pumps in 20 Kroger locations in Ohio and Kentucky.

There are about 1,300 fueling stations nationwide offering E85 ethanol today. While a small percentage of the total fueling stations, the availability of E85 has more than doubled in the last two years.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Chevy Malibu

Re: Kroger offering 20 new E85 pumps in Ohio/Kentucky

Yeah we have one just down the street at the Hyde Park Kroger in Cincinnati. Last time I drove by it was about $0.30 cheaper than 87 gas.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC JazzyChef's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought it's price was suppose to be significantly lower... cars eat more of this stuff vs gasoline but the good side is that it helps the environment. It's gonna be a tough debate for most people I think if you'll only be saving 30cents per gallon

"The Prius has become an icon of the environmental movement and appreciated by a broad spectrum of of naive consumers" - Anonymous Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 Times in 884 Posts

I still wait for the first E85 pump in Quebec, Canada

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyChef
    I thought it's price was suppose to be significantly lower... cars eat more of this stuff vs gasoline but the good side is that it helps the environment. It's gonna be a tough debate for most people I think if you'll only be saving 30cents per gallon
    You would send $3.00 to a foreign country rather than $2.70 to an American farmer because you get slightly better mileage?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierRon
    You would send $3.00 to a foreign country rather than $2.70 to an American farmer because you get slightly better mileage?
    What's wrong with buying quality fuel? No one is going to take the bullet like that. Except someone with an agenda that is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierRon
    That's not going to matter with the majority of consumers. However if performance cars that come from GM (or any vehicle that requires 93 octane) are E85 capable, then I can see people using more E85....because if it's $.30 cheaper than regular gas, then it's likely $.40-$.50 cheaper than Premium!
    E85 will catch on....it needs infrastructure....WE need more infrastructure! It couldn't come fast enough IMO!
    GM: 'Meet the new boss....same as the old boss!'
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I think this sort of conversation is what Winston Churchill was speaking of.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
    -Sir Winston Churchill

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) asim's Avatar
    Thanks

How about more Krogers in the Texas area providing E85, maybe with that, they can limit their losses in grocery sales to Wal-Mart Supercenters and H-E-Bs in this area. Kroger's and Randall's have really gone down hill in the past few years in my area (the ones closest to me have closed down)...
    I'll make a new sig. Later.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

12. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information