If you are anti-ethanol, please read the following VERY carefully - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you are anti-ethanol, please read the following VERY carefully

Thanks

Re: If you are anti-ethanol, please read the following VERY carefully

Dude you better remember what you post in the past, you are using the same article from your older thread
    https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...-prices-65867/

And i wonder why are you starting this again??? Didn't get enough attention last time

like i said last time
    What are you trying to prove here? Don't you think the source is a little biased??

After reading the article, here is what i think, they give us numbers, lots of numbers, well yes meat consumption in China is going up (catching up with the west i guess), but there is no data in regard to China's grain import, without that you cant draw a solid conclusion on what is causing the price to go up. Plus the article smells like a pure defense for Biofuel

Yeah the thing is, it is hard for outsider to understand how chinese manage to use their limited resources to feed most of their population like i mentioned in the thread ages ago, most farmer use Bran to feed their pigs, ahhh maybe not those super intense one, but i am sure their basic food will still be bran
    Last edited by samkung; 08-01-2008 at 09:15 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samkung View Post
    Dude you better remember what you post in the past, you are using the same article from your older thread
    https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...-prices-65867/

And i wonder why are you starting this again??? Didn't get enough attention last time

like i said last time
    The last thread explained that the cause of high grain prices is increased demand by China. This thread explains that the cause of high grain prices is not ethanol. Also the link in the old thread now has gone dead. The link in this thread is to the pdf report itself.

You can claim the source is biased, but the facts in the report are what they are. I don't see anyone disputing the facts or methodology of the report.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2002 Cadillac, 2008 Solstice,

Good day E-Flex. You and I are probably closer to agreement that our first posts suggest. I had specifically intended to point out that one should not assume that poor nations will remain so. Trade benefits are one way to enrich the poor.
    Hunid Racks makes a good point, as well. I would argue that trade is not the villain, but the flaccid response of our country's leadership to important trade issues is.
    There is a consensus today among economists that the Hawley-Smoot tariffs, which were a response to protectionist sentiment in the U.S. in the late 1920's, were a significant factor (many would say the significant factor) in the great depression.
    Our challenge is to elect people who will improve trade practices and for our domestic industries to continue to improve the value they offer to consumers of their products (see, for example, Boeing).
    Cheers,
    Ed

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierRon View Post
    The last thread explained that the cause of high grain prices is increased demand by China. This thread explains that the cause of high grain prices is not ethanol. Also the link in the old thread now has gone dead. The link in this thread is to the pdf report itself.

You can claim the source is biased, but the facts in the report are what they are. I don't see anyone disputing the facts or methodology of the report.
    Oh well technically the 2 threads are the same, quoting from the SAME Article, so i dont see the result of having the thread again, i am sure people who were concern about the use ethanol will probably read the old thread and the article.

Again, the Demand from China has increasing dramatically, however the article fail to provide the exact data in regard to the wheat/corn import by China

I am not here to argue whether using corn ethanol is good or bad, i am here to stand for my principle which - If people were dying from starvation then we should feed them if we have "excess" corn which get convert to ethanol to put into cars/trucks

This is a moral question

PS: The fact that the article is produced by some pro-ethnaol website has some degree of bias in it, it just like quoting some article in regard to the benefit of medical use of Marijuana from some "Pro-Marijuana website" Of course it will be supporting what the website stands
    Last edited by samkung; 08-02-2008 at 03:02 AM.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information