Hydrogen-Powered Chevy, Saturn Hybrid to ECOFEST

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Hydrogen-Powered Chevy, Saturn Hybrid to ECOFEST

Thanks

FOR RELEASE: 2007-09-19

Chevrolet Unveils First of Fuel-Cell SUVs that will be Tested by Real Drivers in New York this Winter, Saturn Shows Manhattan its Award-Winning Aura

Visitors to Manhattan’s ECOFEST 2007 will witness the first of a fleet of fuel-cell Chevrolet SUVs that will soon be driving across metropolitan New York, fueled by hydrogen and emitting nothing more than water vapor.

Real drivers will participate in the world’s biggest fuel-cell test, involving more than 100 Chevrolet Equinox Fuel Cell SUVs. The two-year pilot will begin in the New York metropolitan area at the start of calendar 2008.

Saturn will also display at ECOFEST its award-winning Aura sedan powered by a hybrid gasoline-electric system that delivers a 25 percent fuel economy improvement for a premium of less than $2,500.

“We believe ECOFEST is a great place to show New Yorkers that General Motors is the leader in fuel-saving technology,” said General Motors Northeast General Manager Scott Mackie. “Chevrolet already offers customers eight 2007 models that get 30 miles per gallon or better in estimated EPA highway driving, and GM has built more than 2 million FlexFuel cars and trucks that can run on gasoline or a blend of renewable ethanol in E85 fuel. But we’re not stopping there. Chevy’s plug-in electric Volt captured the world’s fascination, and the Equinox Fuel Cell takes electric vehicles a step beyond batteries.”

Article continues at link....

http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayS...74&docid=39745

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) johnstarnes's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hydrogen-Powered Chevy, Saturn Hybrid to ECOFEST

This is great news...I grew up in a Chevy family, my second car was my beloved 1968 Nova I bought from my Dad, and so I harbor a soft spot in my heart for the nameplate. I hope this news item helps Chevy to bring to fruition the Chevy Volt, and hopefully before 2010, as E-Flex could allow GM to literally reinvent the auto, with Chevy leading the way. I am dying to see if those too-cool sculpted side windows on the Volt SOMEHOW make production....I just don't see how they could open and close. But I love how they comprise an essential portion of the beltline of the Volt.
    "The only normal people are the ones you don't know well". unknown

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

GMI Staff Member Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

Re: Hydrogen-Powered Chevy, Saturn Hybrid to ECOFEST

Not to be off topic but man, that shot of the skyline is striking.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information