City Council approves plant that will double American biodiesel production

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: City Council approves plant that will double American biodiesel production

Thanks

City Council approves plant that will double American biodiesel production

Chesapeake OKs controversial biodiesel plant in South Norfolk

The City Council voted 7-2 late Tuesday night in favor of building a $532 million biodiesel plant in South Norfolk, despite concerns raised over the past few months about the California-based developer.

“In this case, we’re getting the benefit of a new company that’s going to be providing jobs, taxes and cleaning up a section of South Norfolk, and they’re not asking for anything from us,” said Councilwoman Patricia Willis. “That is just so unusual.”

If Smiling Earth follows through, the plant will be the country’s largest biodiesel producer. It will make 320 million gallons per year, more than the entire amount of the alternative fuel produced in the United States last year.

Company representatives say they will try to build the plant in nine months and want to have it running by next fall .

Smiling Earth also committed up to $5 million to revitalize or redevelop the community of South Hill and will be required to come up with the money before getting a certificate of occupancy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Re: City Council approves plant that will double American biodiesel production

This is great news.

However, if you're in for a quick vomit session, visit Smiling Earth's website here: http://www.se-energy.com/ . It looks like it was built by a color blind kindergartener. Its low on details and high on sales pitch.

So I guess I hold guarded optimism for the Chesapeake project. Smiling Earth still has to prove their metal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by racy
    This is great news.

However, if you're in for a quick vomit session, visit Smiling Earth's website here: http://www.se-energy.com/ . It looks like it was built by a color blind kindergartener. Its low on details and high on sales pitch.

So I guess I hold guarded optimism for the Chesapeake project. Smiling Earth still has to prove their metal.
    That is pretty bad. Nonetheless, even the typical color blind kindergartner can make biodiesel from soy bean oil (yes it is that simple), so I am keeping the faith.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 TheGeneral's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG It's HO scale tank cars and models. Preassembled too
    2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ
    2007 Mazda3 I Touring

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information