12 new E85 stations to open in metro Atlanta

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 12 new E85 stations to open in metro Atlanta

Thanks

12 new E85 stations to open in metro Atlanta

Twelve E85 Stations to Open in Atlanta

The E85 stations that will hold the grand opening events are the following:

SAFA Express BP
    725 Grayson Highway
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045

Chevron
    3850 Flat Shoals Rd.
    Union City, GA 30291

Chevron
    4249 Dunwoody Club Drive
    Dunwoody, GA 30350

Chevron
    6448 Highway 42
    Rex, GA 30273

Citgo
    3820 Highway 20
    Buford, GA 30519

Citgo
    537 Glynn Street N.
    Fayetteville, GA 30214

Texaco
    4495 South Cobb Drive
    Smyrna, GA 30080

Texaco
    1525 Mountain Industrial
    Stone Mountain, GA 30083

Texaco
    7066 Buford Highway
    Doraville, GA 30340

Texaco
    7915 Jonesboro Rd.
    Jonesboro, GA 30236

Chevron
    1113 West Avenue
    Conyers, GA 30012

Chevron
    2755 Clairmont Road
    Atlanta, GA 30329
    That makes 1,583 E85 stations in the U.S.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 CaptainDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,373 Times in 731 Posts

Re: 12 new E85 stations to open in metro Atlanta

Make more ethanol!

Make more flex-fuel cars!

It's still not really cost effective yet. Locally, E85 was tracking regular gas at 30 cents lower (at all the stations). Then a month ago, all the stations suddenly dropped to 50 cents lower than regular. I'm thinking that a differential of around 75 cents as an actual break even point, but we're getting closer!

Although, if you compare E85 to premium (which it is) that's another twenty cents. Unfortunately none of the premium-fueled cars offer flex-fuel (but they should!).

None of the vehicles I've wanted offer flex fuel yet. It should be universal!
    '16 Chevy SS
    a 4 door Camaro

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 New_Mexico_Sunset_on_Rt66's Avatar
    Cedar Rapids, IA (formerly sunny New Mexico (y muchacho lo falto))
    Thanks

'HR' - a man on a mission.
    1979 Chevy Van
    1978 Pontiac Firebird
    1985 GMC S-15 Jimmy
    1992 Pontiac Grand Am
    1998 Oldmobile Intrigue
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28
    1972 Chevrolet C-10 P/U
    1979 Chevrolet K5 Blazer
    2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    2001 Chevrolet Silverado LT 4x4 Ext Cab

"Sometimes you gotta say, 'What the *********'. "What the ********* gives you freedom, freedom creates opportunity, ... opportunity - makes your future." - 'Risky Business' 1983

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Bring on MORE!!
    35 yr. UAW/GM/Delphi retiree Worked in 4 different assembly plants and a Delphi battery plant
    2016 Buick Encore
    1968 Camaro Coupe 327 250HP Turbo 350 (Restoring)
    21 yr. Retired Volunteer Firefighter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDan View Post
    Make more ethanol!

Make more flex-fuel cars!

It's still not really cost effective yet. Locally, E85 was tracking regular gas at 30 cents lower (at all the stations). Then a month ago, all the stations suddenly dropped to 50 cents lower than regular. I'm thinking that a differential of around 75 cents as an actual break even point, but we're getting closer!

Although, if you compare E85 to premium (which it is) that's another twenty cents. Unfortunately none of the premium-fueled cars offer flex-fuel (but they should!).

None of the vehicles I've wanted offer flex fuel yet. It should be universal!
    ABSOLUTELY! Once ethanol goes mainstream and car manufacturers get behind it, then prices will go down in both ethanol & oil based gasoline. It is common capitalistic economics. I absolutely despise the neh-sayers that think that if ethanol isn't cost productive now, then it will never will be. That is the exact kind of thinking that big oil loves the USA to have. Well, I personally think that the ethanol snowball has reached a mass to where no industry or government can stop it. The people have chosen, through capitalism, that they want a future with ethanol as an option.
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Current Vehicles:

2017 Buick Lacrosse

2017 Buick Envision

Thanks

"The people have chosen, through capitalism, that they want a future with ethanol as an option."

Capitalism has nothing to do with it. The feds and some states are mandating ethanol in gas - given a choice, I would never put that energy deficient crap in my cars or boats.

1. ethanol contains only 66% as much energy as real gas
    2. ethanol attracts water- a problem for boats with large fuel tanks
    3. ethanol goes "stale" faster than real gasoline and phase separates- water- gasoline and ethanol- again another very big problem for boats.

I'm all for choice and I choose- NO ETHANOL-

All the gas station in my area have ethanol, mandated by law- it is not capitalism, but big government being manipulated by representatives from corn producing states in the midwest.

The big laugh will be when sugar cane comes on line for ethanol.

I would just like to be able to buy real gasoline for my $12,000 outboard motors.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 AndrewGS's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m9000 View Post
    "The people have chosen, through capitalism, that they want a future with ethanol as an option."

Capitalism has nothing to do with it. The feds and some states are mandating ethanol in gas - given a choice, I would never put that energy deficient crap in my cars or boats.

1. ethanol contains only 66% as much energy as real gas
    2. ethanol attracts water- a problem for boats with large fuel tanks
    3. ethanol goes "stale" faster than real gasoline and phase separates- water- gasoline and ethanol- again another very big problem for boats.

I'm all for choice and I choose- NO ETHANOL-

All the gas station in my area have ethanol, mandated by law- it is not capitalism, but big government being manipulated by representatives from corn producing states in the midwest.

The big laugh will be when sugar cane comes on line for ethanol.

I would just like to be able to buy real gasoline for my $12,000 outboard motors.
    A water separator and Sta-Bil along with a properly maintained engine/fuel system will solve your issue. Sealed fuel systems on modern cars also make it hard for the ethanol to absorb any condensation. If the water is in the fuel before you put it in your tank then you need to buy from a reputable station.
    Andrew - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - KD5FHW
    2014 Chevrolet Sonic RS
    2014 Ford Flex Limited EcoBoost

Hidden Content
    Do you remember back in old LA, when everybody drove a Chevrolet? ♫

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGS View Post
    A water separator and Sta-Bil along with a properly maintained engine/fuel system will solve your issue. Sealed fuel systems on modern cars also make it hard for the ethanol to absorb any condensation. If the water is in the fuel before you put it in your tank then you need to buy from a reputable station.
    Unlike cars, boats have an open fuel system, and if you don’t keep the boat’s fuel tank nearly full, water will condense from the humid air in the tank. A real problem in humid states.

If you keep the tank full to prevent condensation, ethanol “enriched” fuel loses octane rating faster than real gasoline and is susceptible to phase separation. Having to add stabil to the gas is an added expense, a real slap in the face since ethanol gas has reduced my fuel economy by 7% in the boat. I have 10 micron filter on my fuel system.

I think it is great that those who want to use ethanol gas and E85 are able to do so. I am mad that those of us with fuel and engine systems that weren’t designed to perform optimally with alternative fuels are forced to use this crap by govt mandate so a bunch of Midwestern farmers will have jobs.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2002 Cadillac, 2008 Solstice,

Now all I need is an E-85 flex fuel version of the Solstice/Sky!
    Cheers,
    Ed Arcuri

12. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information