Carryover Carryall

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Carryover Carryall

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,598 Times in 923 Posts

Carryover Carryall

From Hemmings blog.
    https://www.hemmings.com/stories/art...yover-carryall

Chevrolet's Suburban turned 85 years old in 2020, easily making it one of history's most enduring nameplates. The all-new 2021 edition, due out this year, is like a 19-foot-long rolling pleasure boat, and its 8,000-pound tow rating means it can pull most pleasure boats to the lake. The latest 'Burb rides, for the first time, on four-wheel independent suspension, with optional adaptive air ride. Power comes from one of two V-8s or the 3-liter Duramax diesel six, all paired only with a 10-speed automatic transmission. Inside, there are amenities that were once unthinkable in a light truck: 10-speaker stereo, touch-screen infotainment, 12-way power seats, and more.

Luxuriously appointed Suburbans aren't a new concept, as our 1990 feature truck demonstrates. It's part of the GM North American Heritage Collection and a top-of-the line Silverado model with Deluxe two-tone paint in Onyx Black and Fire Red with Vermillion stripes. It has optional cast-aluminum wheels, a 210-hp throttle-body fuel-injected 5.7-liter V-8 with a four-speed automatic transmission, four-wheel drive, reclining front bucket seats, power windows, air conditioning, a center folding seat, and a rear seat, as well as a tailgate with electric window.When this striking truck was new, it was already a little dated, arriving on the tail end of the 1973-'91 Suburban series. In 1988, Chevrolet rolled out its all-new GMT400 series C/K pickups, but the new Suburban wouldn't arrive until the 1992 model year. By then, the 1990s SUV craze was taking shape and buyers were demanding sedan-like comfort in a rugged-looking package. This 1990 4x4 Suburban rode on leaf springs and straight axles, but Chevrolet's next series of 4x4s were more car-like than ever, with torsion bar independent front suspension (two-wheel-drives still rode on coils up front), Insta-Trac shift-on-the-fly four-wheel drive, and four-wheel antilock brakes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stéphane Dumas For This Useful Post:

EJD1984 (07-04-2020)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Chevrolet Traverse

Re: Carryover Carryall

I looked at one a little older(2017) when i decided to buy a Traverse and was amazed how the difference between now and the last Suburban I owned in 1984. It was a 1977 FWD manual trans. Like a big farm truck. Sigh....

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,793 Times in 3,771 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Re: Carryover Carryall

Quote Originally Posted by plymouthcranbrook View Post
    I looked at one a little older(2017) when i decided to buy a Traverse and was amazed how the difference between now and the last Suburban I owned in 1984. It was a 1977 FWD manual trans. Like a big farm truck. Sigh....
    These new ones are a dream.. and they cost a dream

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information