Interior Colors-2021 Tahoe

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Interior Colors-2021 Tahoe

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Interior Colors-2021 Tahoe

So I went to dealership to get a look before ordering. I was already struggling with interior color (Maple Sugar or Mocha) with the all black lower and carpet. You can't find anything that falls on the floor.

Then I realized that the headliner is also black...Who who picks these color combos? Living in florida, the less black the better.

The inside of the truck is too dark.

GMC you can get the lighter color with the lighter headliner (Teak light Shale).

I need new truck and was compromising on the colors, but not doing the black headliner.

The trend is to make all black...I can't stand it

my 2002 tahoe white with tan, my 2004 suburban, black with grey int, all light headliners, my 2007 escalade black with light ivory? light headliner, my 2007 ESV black with black int, including headliner,
    2010 subu white grey interior, 2016 subn two tone tan brown with light headliner....new 2021 subn ALL black headliners, no color match steering, etc... for $70G, i really do expect more. My wife 2020 acura MDX has black carpet with tan seats and light headliner, that cost me $42G..What can you guys do to about this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,666 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Re: Interior Colors-2021 Tahoe

Complain a little more. The less choices for us the better it is for them, or so they say. Besides black is the new go to neutral

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,308 Times in 4,035 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by jaycough View Post
    So I went to dealership to get a look before ordering. I was already struggling with interior color (Maple Sugar or Mocha) with the all black lower and carpet. You can't find anything that falls on the floor.

Then I realized that the headliner is also black...Who who picks these color combos? Living in florida, the less black the better.

The inside of the truck is too dark.

GMC you can get the lighter color with the lighter headliner (Teak light Shale).

I need new truck and was compromising on the colors, but not doing the black headliner.

The trend is to make all black...I can't stand it

my 2002 tahoe white with tan, my 2004 suburban, black with grey int, all light headliners, my 2007 escalade black with light ivory? light headliner, my 2007 ESV black with black int, including headliner,
    2010 subu white grey interior, 2016 subn two tone tan brown with light headliner....new 2021 subn ALL black headliners, no color match steering, etc... for $70G, i really do expect more. My wife 2020 acura MDX has black carpet with tan seats and light headliner, that cost me $42G..What can you guys do to about this?
    Just get the Chevy

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 10,305 Times in 4,992 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

What's wrong with black in the headliner? Sunlight has to hit the black color for it to absorb heat in any meaningful way.

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,666 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

An added "bonus" to these black interiors, the aftermarket window tint helps make the insides of the car even less visible from the outside vs. a lighter shade.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,305 Times in 4,992 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    An added "bonus" to these black interiors, the aftermarket window tint helps make the insides of the car even less visible from the outside vs. a lighter shade.
    What's going on inside your car that you don't want anyone to see?

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information