HELP! Need help with part

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: HELP! Need help with part

Thanks

HELP! Need help with part

Have a 2006 Z06. Battery died and in process of charging I removed fuse box cover and set to side. When charge was complete, I started car but forgot about fuse box cover and it fell down next to exhaust manifold and melted like a grilled cheese sandwhich. Called dealer to get another one but you can only order the entire fuse box assembly for like north of $300 (yes maybe for being a dumb arsh I should be penalized and forced to fork over $300, but...).

Is there not a way to simply get a replacement cover? Can anyone tell me the supplier name and maybe I can get one from them. As aside, in researching this, it is clear that many people need to replace these covers due to broken tabs, lost covers or similar "overheating" problems to what I've experienced. Seems like GM should offer this as stand alone part. I've tried salvage yards, ebay etc. with no luck. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. GM customer service 888 number was about as helpful and compassionate as a hot poker up the rear.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: HELP! Need help with part

Yeah tried 3-4 salvage yards. Even if they have them they likely won't want to part with just the cover as it renders the box unusable. Was hoping to find the injection molding company that makes just the cover or the company (Delphi) that makes the box and could part with a cover that cost them maybe $0.50. Problem is the beauracracy is so think you can never get anywhere. Nice thing about dealing with small companies. They would be able to solve this.

Thanks

Re: HELP! Need help with part

Quote Originally Posted by jrz1 View Post
    GM customer service 888 number was about as helpful and compassionate as a hot poker up the rear.
    This is the same way with any car manufacturer! I needed a extremely small gromit for the window regulator on my Ram, no dice. Instead of getting a 25 cent piece, you have to buy the whole $350 regulator! Every car company does this!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information