Trump Administration Rejects GM's Request to Avoid Tariff on Buick Envision - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump Administration Rejects GM's Request to Avoid Tariff on Buick Envision

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Re: Trump Administration Rejects GM's Request to Avoid Tariff on Buick Envision

Quote Originally Posted by jesda1 View Post
    GM is obligated to request every handout, bailout, and exception possible in the interest of its shareholders.
    No one denies that.

People have a problem with giving GM a break when they already have received more taxpayer gov handouts than any company. If you make an exception for them you might as well end the program because every other company would want the same.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,497 Times in 3,761 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

GM is obligated to request every handout, bailout, and exception possible in the interest of its shareholders.
    To an extent, yes.

But with the imported car fiasco, it reeks of "Penny wise, Pound foolish". And that isn't even addressing the issues of subpar vehicles, overpriced vehicles, and the bad PR GM seems to generate daily.

Appeasing shareholders as you primary goal is not the way to run a car company, and never will be. GM needs to straighten its act, and fast.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Envoy4Life For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-08-2019),CadillacSA (07-05-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,719 Times in 1,781 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I'm glad Trump did this to them. Which leads to the next thing, that sound bite of the "We build them where we sell them" or something like that. It finally nabs them in the hiney.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

CadillacSA (07-05-2019),Let Them Fail (06-13-2019),SierraGS (06-12-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 HHR SS

This is true. Because all the competition does the same. HOWEVER, do not get all butt-hurt when you made this choice with eyes wide open back in 2013 (during sourcing). This is the result of thinking you're the smartest in the room and then realizing the room is empty... Mary gets exactly what she deserves.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chassis Guy For This Useful Post:

steve333 (06-10-2019)

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1999 Ford Fairmont Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    I'm obligated not to support a communist country. Buy American (where I can). Did you see on the news how the Chinese gov erases history for their people? The 1989 Tiananmen Square uprising where protesters where run over by tanks is an unknown fact to the current generation.
    Get your facts right. There were no protesters run over by tanks even though there were undeniably people killed (soldiers included). The current generation of Chinese are well aware of Tian'anmen Square but it is not discussed openly.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    This is one of the better stories I’ve read all day! We bought our first non GM car in decades and it felt great. Next time, let China bail GM out.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DetroitIron For This Useful Post:

steve333 (07-05-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,719 Times in 1,781 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitIron View Post
    This is one of the better stories I’ve read all day! We bought our first non GM car in decades and it felt great. Next time, let China bail GM out.
    China will just steal everything it needs from them and then let them wither on the vine and die.(an electrified autonomous death.)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12