Buick Virtually Clones Extreme Roads - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buick Virtually Clones Extreme Roads

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Re: Buick Virtually Clones Extreme Roads

I wish that the story didn't have the word "Clones" in its title, after some people have accused the Verano of being a "clone" of the Chevrolet Cruze.
    B U I C K
    My kind of luxury

During a presentation to investors and financial analysts in October 2014, GM President Dan Ammann said, "We talk much less than we should, frankly, when we talk about Buick and GMC," and called them "huge profit contributors." "We will be investing significantly in these brands to continue the momentum they have," Ammann promised.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeNiceCars View Post
    What is the point of this technology? What do I need or want with this??? I think this is absolutely pointless, useless piece of gadgetry that is designed for one reason only: to suck more money out of your wallet. I just hope GM doesn't make this stuff standard on all its vehicles, as (to me) it adds a bit of "undesireablity" factor to whichever vehicle it is attached to. Sorry, I just don't see the point of it, and have no interest in it.
    No this is funny! I hope this is a joke but after my experiences around here I fear it is not. Rest assured ILikeNiceCars, it will not be equipment on any car you purchase. If you truly do LikeNiceCars, then you should applaud new technology and new features on vehicles.

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1999 Ford Fairmont Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Lol, a lot of GMs have steering rack issues. Including my own. Popping from time to time, and a GOD AWEFULLY USELESS steering pump. Whenever I turn and brake at the same time it groans like an 85 year old man with 25K miles on the clock, been doing it for a while and of COURSE you get the "Dealer could not reproduce"

Uhh OK... You'd think someone would want a couple of hours on a ticket, but since it's not coming from PDIs no one wants it, money for work is bad, money for nothing is good. - at your local GM dealer.
    When it happens take out digital camera and take movie with sound then you have evidence for them to try an refute.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 88ls1blazer View Post
    and you know it's the rack, how again? it couldn't possibly be a strut, strut mount, ball joint, or anything else in the suspension. It's the rack? people like you amaze me, if they say they can't reproduce, take them for a damn drive and show them. This is what I do every time the dealer gives me this line (regardless of make) and if I can do it, they address it. you act like you know so much, then be smart enough to know what to do when you are told no. don't just go bitch and say they are wrong, prove it to them!
    Because it's a Saturn Aura, that's how he knows. VERY common on this car.

In regards to taking the technician for a drive to reproduce the concern, well, you're right. This is especially true when it comes to reproducing various noises.
    Last edited by TechnoAura; 10-13-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chinamonty View Post
    When it happens take out digital camera and take movie with sound then you have evidence for them to try an refute.
    Or, simply hold your cell phone up to the car and say... Can you hear it? This works at times.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 88ls1blazer View Post
    and you know it's the rack, how again? it couldn't possibly be a strut, strut mount, ball joint, or anything else in the suspension. It's the rack? people like you amaze me, if they say they can't reproduce, take them for a damn drive and show them. This is what I do every time the dealer gives me this line (regardless of make) and if I can do it, they address it. you act like you know so much, then be smart enough to know what to do when you are told no. don't just go bitch and say they are wrong, prove it to them!
    Well, blazer... Even though you were incredibly rude and presumptuious, I'll give you the skinny.

#1 I observe my surroundings, and I'm very very good at it.
    #2 I have intimate knowledge of the workings of automobiles
    #3 I was the one that put the twenty some odd thousand miles on the car and therefore have pretty much nailed what my car is doing - all of the time
    #4 As Techno Aura said, it's common to Aura. But not only is it common to Auras, it common to a LOT of GM vehicles, since you'll ask I'll mention GM had several recalls on steering racks and pumps recently, there are lots of TSBs out there for Lambdas. They are issues on all Epsilon vehicles smattered throughout.
    #5 I used to be a service writer for a major luxury manufacturer, I also had to co-diagnose problems to save shop time. (the truth is, the tech were lazy so if they didn't want to earn their time on the ticket they simply shoved crap right back out the door. How do I know this? again I also had to manage the shop on saturdays...

SO people like YOU dissapoint me, quick to judge AGAINST the one that should have the best idea of what's going on, and that is an informed OWNER...

Now as far as the camera, it's such a low groan, and like light pop, I doubt it will show up in the audio on the camera. I'd like to go for a ride with a tech, but my dealership never has "any time" so I have to leave everything with them over night with no loaner just to get them to look at it...

And last but not least. I've seen several threads across many vehicles that use the same rack and pump, and especially the pump, people get it replaced 2 and 3 times, and it simply always starts groaning again. Honestly GM speced out the rack poorly and I'll BET what's happening is the fluid gets too hot and it causes air bubbles. GM has TSBs to raise the vehicle on an incline and purge the air from the lines. It helps. For a little while.

Thanks

Beau,

All kidding aside, if you visit Saturnfans.com, you will find multiple threads on this topic. Threads started by Saturn Aura owners. Up until recently, I had a 2007 Aura XE. Overall, I loved the car. I had MULTIPLE problems with the front discs and yes, I had to have the ISS replaced. The first time I took my Aura in for (what appear to be) the same symptoms you described, the tech noted it was the ISS. Under the TSB (from what I recall), an adjustment had to be made first. Less than two months later, the symptoms resurfaced. On my second trip to my local Saturn service department, the same problem was noted. ISS replaced. End of story. Problem did not again resurface during the remaining two years I drove the car.

Since I don't know your service history, I wonder if the techs even really looked at the steering shaft. I would imagine they would have given the history on this model.

Anyway, good luck.

Back to the topic at hand, I really like that GM is using this technology. I imagine this type of testing will save GM thousands of dollars long term.
    Last edited by TechnoAura; 10-13-2010 at 08:30 PM.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 caddycruiser's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Changes every day...

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoAura View Post
    Back to the topic at hand, I really like that GM is using this technology. I imagine this type of testing will save GM thousands of dollars long term.
    Agreed. That, and actually testing like this has been used for years in various forms, it's just nice to publicize it to give some people an idea about how much testing goes into new products...

Specific to this, save on time, money, and end up with a higher quality product in the end because you can test, fail, validate and improve so many different variations of something without having to physically build & test it that many times.
    Certified car nut...ask me, I've probably owned it, driven it, sold it...or thought about it...

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information