2021 Buick Regal Leaked

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Buick Regal Leaked

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 652 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

2021 Buick Regal Leaked

Photos of a facelifted Buick Regal have surfaced online and point to updates buyers can expect for the related Opel Insignia and Holden Commodore sold overseas.

The leaked photos, posted online by Autoweek.nl on Friday, show the updated Regal destined for the Chinese market, in sedan form. Buick only offers the Regal sedan as a sporty GS in the United States. Other Regal body styles include the Sportback liftback sedan and TourX soft-roader wagon.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...k-regal-leaked

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

ksr
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 1,285 Posts

Re: 2021 Buick Regal Leaked

The current and prior Regal are beautiful cars. I've only seen a handful of the current one on dealer lots. What a shame that a car like this just doesn't sell very well anymore. We'll likely never see the refresh.

With the Regal and with the ATS Coupe that I bought, in January was unable to find any at a dealers within 150 miles of my house. I ended up having to get my ATS shipped from a dealership in Atlanta, 320 miles away. if you can't even see the cars at your local dealership, it's unlikely they'll sell very well. You'd think there would be some sort of requirement for GM dealers to have at least one representative model of everything that's available. The "sedans don't sell" story becomes self-fulfilling when you can't even find one to see in person that you may be interested in.
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ksr For This Useful Post:

buildacariwant (10-24-2019),ClassyEldo (10-29-2019),Dheart (10-25-2019),Ed753 (10-23-2019),Evo69 (10-24-2019),Myron 65 (10-23-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 1,191 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

Quote Originally Posted by ksr View Post
    The current and prior Regal are beautiful cars. I've only seen a handful of the current one on dealer lots. What a shame that a car like this just doesn't sell very well anymore. We'll likely never see the refresh.

With the Regal and with the ATS Coupe that I bought, in January was unable to find any at a dealers within 150 miles of my house. I ended up having to get my ATS shipped from a dealership in Atlanta, 320 miles away. if you can't even see the cars at your local dealership, it's unlikely they'll sell very well. You'd think there would be some sort of requirement for GM dealers to have at least one representative model of everything that's available. The "sedans don't sell" story becomes self-fulfilling when you can't even find one to see in person that you may be interested in.
    the DEALER is GM's customer and GM bends over backwards to "help" the dealers and the Dealers WANT discounts on EASY to sell models so GM obliged and we end up with a "feedback loop" and a world filled with SUVS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to richmond2000 For This Useful Post:

Evo69 (10-24-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by gb2000 View Post
    Beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person obviously as one of the models we get in the US.
    Every time I see a Regal I turn my head - so rare but they really are nice looking cars. Finally saw a GS for the first time ever last weekend.

All true. I was a couple of dealers outside the city last weekend and all they have on the lot is pickups and SUVs.

People looking for a car won't even go to a GM dealer and then GM will say - "cars don't sell, kill them all" next year.
    Last edited by kool1; 10-23-2019 at 12:21 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kool1 For This Useful Post:

DequindreToo (10-23-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Buick Regal Turbo

It's the right car at the wrong time, unfortunately.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DequindreToo For This Useful Post:

neshapop (10-23-2019)

ksr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kool1 View Post
    Every time I see a Regal I turn my head - so rare but they really are nice looking cars. Finally saw a GS for the first time ever last weekend.

All true. I was a couple of dealers outside the city last weekend and all they have on the lot is pickups and SUVs.

People looking for a car won't even go to a GM dealer and then GM will say - "cars don't sell, kill them all" next year.

My dealer hadn't stocked an ATS Coupe in two years. Said they can't sell them. I wonder. Hilton Head and the surrounding area is a good Cadillac market and seems to be still a decent market for cars.

If the dealers won't order them, they're doomed. You'd think that GM would at least send a sample model out to every dealer of every model, even if the dealers aren't buying them. Most people won't buy based off pics in a brochure or magazine. I had seen ATS Coupes before, rarely. But I'd never driven one, only a sedan. Based on past experience and because I liked the pics, I bought one. Most people prefer to see what they're buying before they sign.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 715 Posts

Are we supposed to be excited about this:

Congrats Buick, you've designed the 8th best looking US mainstream sedan
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 10-23-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

91fairladyZ (10-23-2019),Extreme4x4 (10-24-2019),GM_Guy81 (10-29-2019),Mr.Buttons (10-23-2019),neshapop (10-23-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (10-28-2019),Self Reliance (11-02-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Ambalanche's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 607 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Sonoma Red GMC Sierra SLT

Am I the only one who doesn't like Buick's new grilles? The one on the Evasion refresh is just like on the Regal.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ambalanche For This Useful Post:

JBsZ06 (10-23-2019),neshapop (10-23-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member jzchev28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,288 Times in 1,184 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Silverado Z71 Blue Topaz
    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post

Congrats Buick, you've designed the 8th best looking sedan
    It's a sharp looking car and frankly I'd only be shocked if you actually said you liked it.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jzchev28 For This Useful Post:

Evo69 (10-24-2019),FenwickHockey65 (10-23-2019),ksr (10-23-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jzchev28 View Post
    It's a sharp looking car and frankly I'd only be shocked if you actually said you liked it.
    All I see I a potato that was rewarmed too many times then left on the counter and forgotten about.

Can you name a GM car that you don't like JZChev28?
    Last edited by Mr.Buttons; 10-23-2019 at 01:40 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Buttons For This Useful Post:

Let Them Fail (10-24-2019),sdotjeezy (10-23-2019)

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Since PSA is shutting down the Opel plant in Germany that made the US Regal, I think 2020 is the last year. I suppose if a trade deal gets ironed out, we might see Buick Regal, Verano and LaCrosse models imported here if there's a great demand for sedans again.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to joey For This Useful Post:

gkr778 (10-23-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,139 Times in 1,111 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 BMW 320i and '72 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    Since PSA is shutting down the Opel plant in Germany that made the US Regal, I think 2020 is the last year.
    +1
    The U.S. market is a lost cause for this model. Both the Sportback and TourX variants of Buick Regal have been complete flops in the U.S. market. Many Buick dealerships around the U.S. still have new, unsold 2018 model year Regals in their inventory as of now, well into the fourth quarter of 2019!
    God and guns keep us strong. That's what this country was founded on. - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Thanks
    My Ride

If the dealers won't order them, they're doomed. You'd think that GM would at least send a sample model out to every dealer of every model, even if the dealers aren't buying them. Most people won't buy based off pics in a brochure or magazine. I had seen ATS Coupes before, rarely. But I'd never driven one, only a sedan. Based on past experience and because I liked the pics, I bought one. Most people prefer to see what they're buying before they sign.
    Living in a big city finding a car is never an issue. I would never buy without seeing or driving it first though. I have driven cars I thought I would love but ended up disliking them for some reason.

My dealer did have ATS coupes on the lot but I suspect they sat for a while.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post

Congrats Buick, you've designed the 8th best looking US mainstream sedan

To be fair - this looks like a base asian car and it's obviously a strange brown color also.

I'm sure the GS will look much better.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kool1 For This Useful Post:

AusCalais (10-25-2019),buildacariwant (10-25-2019),DequindreToo (10-23-2019)

ksr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kool1 View Post
    Living in a big city finding a car is never an issue. I would never buy without seeing or driving it first though. I have driven cars I thought I would love but ended up disliking them for some reason.

My dealer did have ATS coupes on the lot but I suspect they sat for a while.

I was on a ton of dealer websites early this year. The closest coupe I could find was in Jacksonville, which is about 170 miles away. Granted Hilton Head/Bluffton/Savannah isn't a big metro area, but it's not that small either. Not an ATS Coupe (or a Regal sportback) to be found.

I decided to get the car sight unseen and have no regrets. Fortunately, it was very well put together. Based on the sedan, I knew that I'd be happy behind the wheel. No regrets.

No regrets except for the CUE update that Cadillac sent out on June 6th which screwed up my CUE, mostly with XM Radio but also some other minor impacts that occasionally impact navigation and climate control. Over four months now and Cadillac still hasn't corrected the problem. I didn't bother to renew my XM subscription since there are times when I couldn't tune it. Absolutely pathetic customer service and I really can't see myself buying another Cadillac. The general manager of my dealership called me to discuss. He was in Detroit recently and really had no good news about this. At this point, I really don't expect them ever to fix it. They don't make the ATS anymore. CUE in their newer vehicles has a new screen, so they just don't give a damn. The problem that I have isn't widespread. I love my car and plan to keep it a really long time, but I would not consider another Cadillac. The worst thing about it is that my car was totally fine. It was their software update that broke it. You damage someone's property, you're responsible to fix it, pay for it. Except if you're Cadillac. They damaged my car and don't give a f**k.
    Last edited by ksr; 10-23-2019 at 03:21 PM.

28. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information