The 2020 Buick Enclave is coming this summer and it's refreshingly handsome

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 2020 Buick Enclave is coming this summer and it's refreshingly handsome

Thanks
    Thanked 1,126 Times in 606 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

Still my favorite larger CUV

Buick's flagship seven-seat family hauler SUV is sleeker and more attractive than ever.
    BY KYLE HYATT
    JULY 10, 2019
    CNET Roadshow

You know the Distracted Boyfriend meme with the guy rubbernecking at another woman while walking with his special ladyfriend? Imagine being that guy, and the woman that you're ogling is the new 2020 Buick Enclave.

That would never happen, right? Well, maybe not with Enclaves of the past, but we're surprised to say that it could be a thing now, especially for those versions equipped with the new and weirdly hot-looking Sport Touring package, which Buick announced on Wednesday.

For the 2020 model year, Buick's flagship family hauler gets a few updates that make it a surprisingly desirable vehicle. That includes a new 8-inch touchscreen with Buick's latest and greatest infotainment system, which is based on the updated CUE system found in other GM vehicles.
    One of the changes for 2020 that we're interested in is the addition of the Sport Touring or ST trim, but what exactly is this somewhat speciously named Buick Enclave ST? Is it a superfast, high-horsepower people hauler like the Edge ST from Ford? Nope. It's just an appearance package, but that doesn't make it bad.
    CONTINUE AT LINK ABOVE
    Last edited by nadepalma; 07-11-2019 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Reformatted; moved to newsticker

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 900 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Re: The 2020 Buick Enclave is coming this summer and it's refreshingly handsome

Nice to see them add a "sporty" trim-level. Even if it's just an appearance package, it still looks pretty good.

That said, even if most Enclave customers could care less about "sportiness", adding a few extra horses under the hood or a re-calibrated steering/suspension would have arguably made it a little more "genuine" of a package if they're going to slap an "ST" badge on it.

Is the touchscreen on the current Enclave less than 8 inches?
    "La vita è come un albero di Natale..c'è sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by nadepalma View Post
    That said, even if most Enclave customers could care less about "sportiness", adding a few extra horses under the hood or a re-calibrated steering/suspension would have arguably made it a little more "genuine" of a package if they're going to slap an "ST" badge on it.
    Buick could even charge a few extra $$ for doing this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kool1 For This Useful Post:

buildacariwant (07-11-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,127 Times in 2,380 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

The new grill looks great. Changes the whole look of the car.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,527 Times in 3,810 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Best looking CUV on the market!

And I'm fine with a sport appearance package on this. I don't think anyone on the planet walks up to a vehicle of this type and size and thinks "let me go canyon carving in this". Though I still think a more power should be offered, even if it is electric assist.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

I think Buick's design team is the only team that "gets it" in all of GM. Or at least, that is the only team that constantly cranks out product that is appealing to my eyes.
    Current Vehicles:
    1999 Tahoe 4x4 - daily driver
    1999 Camaro Z28 - bolt-on weekend vehicle
    2015 Equinox LTX - wife's car

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Z Fury View Post
    I think Buick's design team is the only team that "gets it" in all of GM. Or at least, that is the only team that constantly cranks out product that is appealing to my eyes.
    Only one I don't care for is the Envision. Just too bland and boring.

Really like the new Regal sedan though sadly I rarely see one.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kool1 For This Useful Post:

buildacariwant (07-11-2019),Evo69 (07-11-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    18 Regal GS / 04 Canyon Z71

The ST trim Buicks are pretty nice looking. We should also see the Regal ST unveiled soon.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kool1 View Post
    Only one I don't care for is the Envision. Just too bland and boring.

Really like the new Regal sedan though sadly I rarely see one.
    I'll agree with you on the Envision. Probably hits the mark for the Chinese market though. That feels like the only vehicle I look past though, in the entire lineup. Buick's design language just works very well, in my opinion. Especially their concept vehicles (Avista when?).

My sister bought a 2019 Encore and she absolutely loves it. Thing looks pretty good too, but too small/underpowered for my liking. While I do love the Regal, I honestly like the look of the prior models a bit more - the GS in particular. I'd still love to own one of those, even if for only a couple years. Very underrated cars.
    Current Vehicles:
    1999 Tahoe 4x4 - daily driver
    1999 Camaro Z28 - bolt-on weekend vehicle
    2015 Equinox LTX - wife's car

Thanks
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 665 Posts

Do we know the full extent of Chinese involvement regarding design of new Buicks? I understand that in China, Buick is considered comparable to (if not a cut above) Mercedes Benz and are sold accordingly.

Thanks
    My Ride

While I do love the Regal, I honestly like the look of the prior models a bit more - the GS in particular. I'd still love to own one of those, even if for only a couple years. Very underrated cars.
    Previous Regal was nice but too small for me.

I would love to pick up a used top of the line GS for a song in a couple of years when the kids are all gone. :-)

Thanks
    My Ride
    18 Regal GS / 04 Canyon Z71

Quote Originally Posted by bmwboy2007 View Post
    Do we know the full extent of Chinese involvement regarding design of new Buicks? I understand that in China, Buick is considered comparable to (if not a cut above) Mercedes Benz and are sold accordingly.
    I travel to China several times a year. I wouldn't say Buick is Mercedes level in China. Cadillac is sold in China at that level. Buick is positioned similarly as in the US between luxury and mainstream. Only difference is there is no negative brand stigma.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BahamaTodd For This Useful Post:

bmwboy2007 (07-11-2019),buildacariwant (07-11-2019),SierraGS (07-13-2019),Z Fury (07-11-2019)

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,266 Posts
    My Ride
    MY16 Holden Colorado LS-X Man

How sad is the automotive landscape when we get excited over a 21st century minivan
    Who the hell approved this abomination? Hidden Content

I bet it was some dumbarse in Detroit Hidden Content

19. The Following User Says Thank You to VS Ute 5Litre For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (07-11-2019)

GMI Staff Member Premium Member NoStopN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,421 Posts
    My Ride
    '19 Ram 1500, '69 GMC 2500

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    The new grill looks great. Changes the whole look of the car.
    I'd actually drive that.

I'll give them the Enclave, Regal, Cascada & LaCrosse. But, none of the other products really does anything for me. But, Avista would rock the house.
    Hidden Content

I love you, Dad. 8/25/57-3/28/11

Hidden Content

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoStopN For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (07-11-2019),SierraGS (07-13-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,842 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I think it looks pretty sweet, arguably one of the best looking on the market. I really think the sweepspear along with the rear quarter and its window styling go very well together.

23. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information