GM Inside News Forum banner

The 2020 Buick Enclave is coming this summer and it's refreshingly handsome

6K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  sdotjeezy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Still my favorite larger CUV

The 2020 Buick Enclave is coming this summer and it's refreshingly handsome
Buick's flagship seven-seat family hauler SUV is sleeker and more attractive than ever.
BY KYLE HYATT
JULY 10, 2019
CNET Roadshow

You know the Distracted Boyfriend meme with the guy rubbernecking at another woman while walking with his special ladyfriend? Imagine being that guy, and the woman that you're ogling is the new 2020 Buick Enclave.

That would never happen, right? Well, maybe not with Enclaves of the past, but we're surprised to say that it could be a thing now, especially for those versions equipped with the new and weirdly hot-looking Sport Touring package, which Buick announced on Wednesday.

For the 2020 model year, Buick's flagship family hauler gets a few updates that make it a surprisingly desirable vehicle. That includes a new 8-inch touchscreen with Buick's latest and greatest infotainment system, which is based on the updated CUE system found in other GM vehicles.
One of the changes for 2020 that we're interested in is the addition of the Sport Touring or ST trim, but what exactly is this somewhat speciously named Buick Enclave ST? Is it a superfast, high-horsepower people hauler like the Edge ST from Ford? Nope. It's just an appearance package, but that doesn't make it bad.
CONTINUE AT LINK ABOVE

#2 ·
Nice to see them add a "sporty" trim-level. Even if it's just an appearance package, it still looks pretty good.

That said, even if most Enclave customers could care less about "sportiness", adding a few extra horses under the hood or a re-calibrated steering/suspension would have arguably made it a little more "genuine" of a package if they're going to slap an "ST" badge on it.

Is the touchscreen on the current Enclave less than 8 inches?

#3 ·
That said, even if most Enclave customers could care less about "sportiness", adding a few extra horses under the hood or a re-calibrated steering/suspension would have arguably made it a little more "genuine" of a package if they're going to slap an "ST" badge on it.
Buick could even charge a few extra $$ for doing this.

#14 ·
I'd actually drive that.

I think Buick's design team is the only team that "gets it" in all of GM. Or at least, that is the only team that constantly cranks out product that is appealing to my eyes.
I'll give them the Enclave, Regal, Cascada & LaCrosse. But, none of the other products really does anything for me. But, Avista would rock the house.

#5 ·
Best looking CUV on the market!

And I'm fine with a sport appearance package on this. I don't think anyone on the planet walks up to a vehicle of this type and size and thinks "let me go canyon carving in this". Though I still think a more power should be offered, even if it is electric assist.

#6 ·
I think Buick's design team is the only team that "gets it" in all of GM. Or at least, that is the only team that constantly cranks out product that is appealing to my eyes.

#20 ·
I’m often amazed when auto-writers and forum members mock vehicles designed for older buyers. The older buyers are the ones that buy the most vehicles, and help younger family members buy vehicles - due to their wealth accumulation.

Where is it written that only vehicles should be designed for young crowd? Nothing like a small, cramped, poor-quality, cheap-material, loud, and rough-riding econobox to excite the 20-something auto writers who haven’t learned to shave yet.

#24 ·
I too liked the styling of the previous gen more, but there are some unforgivable faults w/ the first gen (which is why I bought a T&C back in 14 instead of a gen 1) that were rectified gen 2...for example, keyless entry/push button start & the obvious interior design improvements.

Obese vehicle, high CG, totally untossable on a country road, but that seems to be what the U.S. market wants. No doubt it will be effective at what it does but I don't have to like it.
Its a 7 passenger people hauler, it's not supposed to be tossable. Every car isn't supposed to carve corners, which is my biggest problem w/ C&D rating the CX9 as the best 3 row crossover, it's third row is absolutely useless but hey, its fun to drive...makes no sense to me.

Reactions: 09W
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.