1st Enclave Test Drive-Lexus Watch Out! - Page 6

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 1st Enclave Test Drive-Lexus Watch Out!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 boblutzfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevy SS / 2015 / 6M

Re: 1st Enclave Test Drive-Lexus Watch Out!

Quote Originally Posted by viral
    There are about 75 real life interior Enclave photos in the gallery at http://www.enclaveforum.net - almost all of them appear to be Cashmere, though, since that's what they keep showing at the auto shows...

I can't wait to see either a Red or Blue Enclave with a black interior. Black leather sets off the chrome and wood best in my opinion.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by minnfang
    They said nothing that hasn't been said about the Acadia. Makes me wonder if they actually drove one. Cheap way to get the jump on the competition. Why didn't they have any of their own photos?
    Yeah, I was wondering about that "short drive" myself. At least they didn't trash it after just kicking its tires.

GMI Contributor Premium Member zete's Avatar
    Thanks

I just didn't realize that Enclaves were at dealers. I thought the first deliveries weren't due for weeks yet.

The Buick looks way classier than anything else its size, and many smaller vehicles don't look as good. In fact, the only vehicle I think looks close to as good is the Audi Q7.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asim
    Sometimes I just don't think the Enclave has what it takes (interior wise) to be class leading and beat the Lexus. It just looks so plasticy, especially with the fake wood. I just hope I am wrong, and many people will like it.
    You aren't wrong, you are 100% correct. It doesn't have what it takes, and it has a Buick badge on it.

Thanks

I just noticed that Saturn sold more than 2200 Outlooks in March. They sold just over 5000 in Q1. That means they sold nearly 50% of their 2007 Outlook sales in March. That shows momentum.

The Acadia is doing even better with more than 5700 sales in March (i.e., more Acadias sold in one month than total Outlook sales thus far). GMC sold just over 11700 so far in Q1, with nearly 1/2 Q1s sales in March alone. Again, that shows nice momentum.

I also noticed that Saturn's sales from Q1 2006 to Q1 2007 are up about 10,000 units.

Anyway, that all bodes well for the Lambdas. As of March they're tracking for >100,000 units before the Buick shows up.

BTW, for those curious, Aura sales seem to be picking up with 5530 sales in March and Q1 sales of 13,428, or 41% of Aura sales in 2007 were in March.

All figures are for USA only.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smk4565
    You aren't wrong, you are 100% correct. It doesn't have what it takes, and it has a Buick badge on it.
    You crack me up. Can you tell me the winning numbers for the Super 7 on Friday? With your psychic abilities you must be simply loaded betting on the ponies or picking the right stocks.

Me? I'll wait for the market to decide. But were I to prognosticate, I'd bet the Enclave will sell better than then Rendezvous and Rainier since it's a better vehicle, better looking, and better handling (from the reviews).

BTW, you're quote is akin to what I read years ago when Lexus broke into the luxury market. No one would buy one. It had an "L" on it, what's up with that. It's just a Toyota. Yeah. Those guys figured right.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Holdens, Saabs and 1 Escalade

That grey is terrible.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by smk4565
    Buick is NOT a luxury brand. Why would people consider it over other luxury crossovers. Buick makes a $23,000 sedan and a $26,000 sedan, to me that is Mercury level, not Lexus level.
    True story. The Enclave is the only legitimate luxury vehicle Buick sells.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 jro4566's Avatar
    Thanks

Why is the Build & Price option not yet available for the Enclave if it's on sale now?

2007 BMW 328i. Black sapphire metallic. Terra leather. Poplar wood. Automatic trans. Xenon adaptive headlights. BMW Assist. Bluetooth. Premium package. Heated seats. iDrive navigation system. Rear sonar. Comfort access. LOGIC7 surround sound. Sirius. 18" BMW wheels. Rear spoiler.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury. Black onyx pearl. Beige leather. 4WD. Chrome hood vents, mirror covers, exhaust. Silver grille, taillight trim. Brushed metal bumper protector. Running boards.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by jro4566
    Why is the Build & Price option not yet available for the Enclave if it's on sale now?
    http://www.buick.com/enclave/

"Build Your Enclave"

Thanks

Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Infiniti.....Buick? I don't think so. That sums it up!

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar jbartley's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zete
    I just noticed that Saturn sold more than 2200 Outlooks in March. They sold just over 5000 in Q1. That means they sold nearly 50% of their 2007 Outlook sales in March. That shows momentum.

The Acadia is doing even better with more than 5700 sales in March (i.e., more Acadias sold in one month than total Outlook sales thus far). GMC sold just over 11700 so far in Q1, with nearly 1/2 Q1s sales in March alone. Again, that shows nice momentum.

I also noticed that Saturn's sales from Q1 2006 to Q1 2007 are up about 10,000 units.

Anyway, that all bodes well for the Lambdas. As of March they're tracking for >100,000 units before the Buick shows up.

BTW, for those curious, Aura sales seem to be picking up with 5530 sales in March and Q1 sales of 13,428, or 41% of Aura sales in 2007 were in March.

All figures are for USA only.
    excellent points.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

Quote Originally Posted by genjy
    You can shift through a gated shifter without looking or second guessing what gear you just put the car in.

I had never driven a gated shifter car until I rented a Maxima last week. I picked up how to "feel" the gated shifter on my second drive. It worked wonderfully.

Gated shifters are also associated with luxury cars. Buicks are luxury cars... aren't they?
    I don't have a gated shifter and I don't need to "look" at the shifter itself, I feel the gears.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

This was a good review. And the most ethical review in a while.

AW went to a dealership and test drove a product. They didn't receive a "hand-picked" production version. They just did want any consumer can do...visit the dealer and select a copy that any consumer can chose. Kudos.

The review now includes a review of an "actual" product having the same quality that anybody should expect to get if they purchase the vehicle.

Thanks

The Buick badge is a good thing-it stands for quality!

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/new...asp?ID=2006133

Thank God it doesn't say Audi on it or something else.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information