Dealers brace for slow sales due to virus, want to be exempted from shutdowns - Page 5

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dealers brace for slow sales due to virus, want to be exempted from shutdowns

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,429 Times in 1,516 Posts
    My Ride
    MY16 Holden Colorado LS-X Man

Re: Dealers brace for slow sales due to virus, want to be exempted from shutdowns

The local multi franchise dealer where I bought my Colorado now has a zero contact service for maintenance and car servicing

You book online and drop your keys off in a drop box outside

If you want to test drive they sanitise the vehicle for you beforehand and drop it off out the front of the dealership

This will likely only last a few more days I believe we will be in lockdown by Sunday this week

So far we're in partial lockdown of services like pubs , cinemas , cafes ect ect
    Who the hell approved this abomination? Hidden Content

I bet it was some dumbarse in Detroit Hidden Content

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VS Ute 5Litre For This Useful Post:

nota (03-26-2020),richmond2000 (03-27-2020)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC WaterBoy1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dealers brace for slow sales due to virus, want to be exempted from shutdowns

Quote Originally Posted by InCogKneeToe View Post
    https://www.ford.ca/finance

Ford Credit Canada has been there for a while. try the link above. Offering Assistance to it's Customers.

I have watched Ford Credit's TV Commercial 20+ times, I have yet to see one from GM Financial, or Ally or TD what ever GM is using.

The Virus part of this Pandemic, is going to be a Cake Walk, compared to the Finance part of the next year or 2
    Yes, I did see that part of the Ford.ca website and thought that was really good of them to put that out there. I've never been in a position to use it (thankfully) but apparently Ford is pretty good with working with their customers to assist if they get into financial trouble.

I (selfishly) was hoping there was going to be some really smoking deals that I might have to take advantage of, but haven't seen anything appear as of yet!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WaterBoy1 For This Useful Post:

richmond2000 (03-27-2020)

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,204 Times in 729 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 F150 XLT FX4 Crew Magma

The COVID-19 virus could slash sales of new vehicles by more than a third this month, according to automotive forecaster J.D. Power.

With state-mandated shutdowns in major markets accelerating across the country from New York to Detroit to San Francisco, the company says sales are already off 19% from its original March forecast. If current trends hold, J.D. Power expects sales by the end of the month to be off 32-40% from pre-virus forecasts.
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ns/5078386002/

April Will Be worse. The first 1/2 of March, people knew of the Virus, but didn't think it would cause this

7. The Following User Says Thank You to InCogKneeToe For This Useful Post:

CJH (03-27-2020)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information