I Just Saw Spy Photos of the Mid Engine Vette - Page 4

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I Just Saw Spy Photos of the Mid Engine Vette

News Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,851 Times in 734 Posts

Re: I Just Saw Spy Photos of the Mid Engine Vette

If we're considering this within the scope of racing cars...

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/p...urbo-at-monza/
    GMI News Editor

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,109 Times in 615 Posts

Pricing for the car will mirror Ford’s lineup for the GT, which means that the mid-engine Corvette will cost around $400,000.
    I 'm not sure how many people are willing to pay 400 000$ for Corvette. Or Cadillac. At least Corvette has credentials in big races (not as overall winner but still best in its class)...but Cadillac..

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,073 Times in 1,901 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Cadillac CT6

I think 400k is a bs number. Expect 80-200k

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by posaune View Post
    Yup. I just don't get this sudden infatuation with putting a TTV6 in every sports or performance car from GM. If there is one area GM has its shlt together, it is with the small block V8. Who cares if Ford is using a V6 in the GT or F-150 or possibly the Mustang or if the TTV6 makes the ATS-V more BMWesque. If this is a Corvette then it should have a V8 based power plant, if this is a Cadillac, it should have a V8 based power plant.
    Yep and people who buy 100k+ cars don't care about mpg or taxes.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 Premium Member yello430's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '20 Cadillac CT6

Quote Originally Posted by spd98 View Post
    Not necessarily true.....
    Hidden Content

twitter: forzablitz

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 MisterMe's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevrolet Malibu/2016/Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by spd98 View Post
    I will go a bit further than yello430 on this one. If your idea of people who buy $100k+ cars are lottery winners, rock stars, and 20-year-old professional athletes, then you might have a point. But the truly rich did get to be truly rich and they haven't remained truly rich by wasting money.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

About the only thing I know is something seems different this time regarding a mid-engine Corvette/Cadillac. Like a lot of you I know that the mid-engine rumors have been around in one form or another since the 60s. However, the rumors were generally timed around the time that a new Corvette platform was in the works, which means the rumors could span years apart. However, this time the mid-engine rumors seem to be happening much more frequently within the last couple of years. Adding to the mix is GMs recent $790 ($490 + $290) investment into the Bowling Green facility. Now it could be the fabled mid-engine Corvette, or it could be an up-market mid-engine Cadillac, but regardless, I can't help thinking that this time there is some substance to the mid-engine rumors.

That, and I think there must be a few GM honcho's that would like to compete toe to toe w/the competition. Unlike others, I don't think the "best band for the buck" is a compliment to the Corvette as much as I think it's a back handed compliment. Something along the lines of; You have a really gorgeous face, too bad about that fat ass...

Ford GT
    Audi R8
    Ferrari 488
    Lamborghini Aventador
    Lamborghini Huracan
    McLaren 650S
    Porsche Cayman
    Porsche 911
    Porsche 918
    Honda NSX
    Lotus Evora
    Alpha Romeo 4C

Corvette Zora/Cadillac Cien?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 910 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMe View Post
    I will go a bit further than yello430 on this one. If your idea of people who buy $100k+ cars are lottery winners, rock stars, and 20-year-old professional athletes, then you might have a point. But the truly rich did get to be truly rich and they haven't remained truly rich by wasting money.
    They gonna pass on a $100K+ sports car because it "might" get 1-2 MPG less? Non of those cars are willing any green car awards. Every actually looked at the MPG rating of those types of cars?

The EPAs lest efficient cars list is like a who's who list of Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Bentley, Maserati and Rolls.
    Last edited by posaune; 06-28-2016 at 03:28 PM.
    Join the Code 130R Facebook Group! Hidden Content

"Trying to be the world's fastest trombonist is like trying to be the world's tallest midget."
    Alan Raph, NYC Bass Trombonist

Thanks

I did not say that and I do not need you telling me what to think.

I could have been more specific I suppose. But people who are shopping cars like this, at those prices do not car about MPG.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2001 Trans Am Black

The truly rich who are buying over a $100K car and are as financially astute as you say, are going to have that car be a far, far smaller portion of their annual income then say, the middle class guy spoiling himself with a 3 or C-Class (who would probably lease anyway).

Put it this way, guy making 100k salary buys 50K 335i. Someone rich and financially astute buying a 100K Porsche is likely making well more than 200K. He's not going to care about a mpg penalty.
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am
    2016 Chevy SS Sedan
    2017 Chevy Traverse
    2019 Chevy Colorado

Past:
    2016 Chevy Traverse
    2012 Buick Regal GS
    2010 Chevy Traverse
    2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
    2003 Chevy Blazer M5
    1989 Pontiac Firebird

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2017 Denali Canyon Diesel orde

I hope to be able to make a mid-engine Vette my next sports car purchase. I could swing about $120K max however an feel comfortable about it.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,747 Times in 2,670 Posts
    My Ride
    2020 Pacifica Touring L Plus

Also, as far as MPG, these cars will MAYBE see 3-5k miles a year. That amounts to nothing gas usage wise. A few extra MPG wont sway a person one way or another.
    Hidden Content

Hers:
    2020 Palisade SEL

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChopTop View Post
    About the only thing I know is something seems different this time regarding a mid-engine Corvette/Cadillac. Like a lot of you I know that the mid-engine rumors have been around in one form or another since the 60s. However, the rumors were generally timed around the time that a new Corvette platform was in the works, which means the rumors could span years apart. However, this time the mid-engine rumors seem to be happening much more frequently within the last couple of years. Adding to the mix is GMs recent $790 ($490 + $290) investment into the Bowling Green facility. Now it could be the fabled mid-engine Corvette, or it could be an up-market mid-engine Cadillac, but regardless, I can't help thinking that this time there is some substance to the mid-engine rumors.

That, and I think there must be a few GM honcho's that would like to compete toe to toe w/the competition. Unlike others, I don't think the "best band for the buck" is a compliment to the Corvette as much as I think it's a back handed compliment. Something along the lines of; You have a really gorgeous face, too bad about that fat ass...

Ford GT
    Audi R8
    Ferrari 488
    Lamborghini Aventador
    Lamborghini Huracan
    McLaren 650S
    Porsche Cayman
    Porsche 911
    Porsche 918
    Honda NSX
    Lotus Evora
    Alpha Romeo 4C

Corvette Zora/Cadillac Cien?
    Here is the problem with that list, with the exception of the Ford GT (which isn't out yet) and maybe the Ferrari 488 plus Porsche 918 the C7 Z06 smokes them all on a race track. Also the Porsche 911 is a rear engine car and not a rear mid engine car like the others on your list......

Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 681 Posts

Such a vehicle (if produced) only makes sense as a Cadillac halo vehicle.

Mid-engine is not Corvette, it's not Chevrolet. It would only muddy the Corvette brand which has the absolutely most pure mission and execution of any US make and model. and that's been carefully curated over decades; ohv V8, front engine, rear wheel propulsion, unmistakeable visual identification at a distance, regardless of year/decade produced, at an attainable price for the average working guy with a modicum of career success. It's not a true exotic, nor should it be. The heritage is very blue collar, and there's nothing wrong with that.

(On a personal note, I think the C7 tail lights aren't horrible, but I think quad round tail lights should have been preserved.)

Cadillac on the other hand really needs a glass ceiling shattering vehicle of this sort. Cien? Bring it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 681 Posts

Disclaimer: I have no connection to this company, but prefer this look.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information