The Future of Buick: Changes, Updates, and Additions - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future of Buick: Changes, Updates, and Additions

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Ford Fusion

Re: The Future of Buick: Changes, Updates, and Additions

Outstanding Buick Verano design,as shown ! Minimized front end , windshield that is not severely swept back , lower beltline which will open up the interior and just excellent exterior proportions . Please though , Buick don't go with a three door Opel Adam design . please run with Theophilus Chin's 5 door design . The rear side doors have hidden door openers so it looks like a three door but gives the added spaciousness which will be a big plus !Opel-Adam-5-doors-rendered-2-720x340.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS3 V8 Premium Member Toto's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Opel Corsa GSI

Quote Originally Posted by johnstarnes View Post
    How could Buick even consider NOT producing the Avenir?
    Because, neither Chevrolet, Holden or Opel have a version that Buick could rebadge as the Avenir?

duck and cover

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Toto For This Useful Post:

johnstarnes (07-17-2015)

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Considering the requirements for better fuel economy by both the Chinese and US governments, do you think any of these will have an electrified propulsion system like that in the up coming Volt, Malibu Hybrid, or the CT6 Plug-In?

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 965 Posts
    My Ride
    です

Quote Originally Posted by Toto View Post
    Because, neither Chevrolet, Holden or Opel have a version that Buick could rebadge as the Avenir?

duck and cover
    Not yet. How is the Buick Park Avenue doing in China? Maybe there is yet a market for a premium fullsize RWD sedan

Sox
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Ducati Multistrada

Quote Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
    Envision seems like such an obvious no-brainer. I'm very surprised it's not here yet. There's a massive gulf between Encore and Enclave. What are they waiting for?
    A clue.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 481 Posts
    My Ride
    18 Regal GS / 04 Canyon Z71

Quote Originally Posted by georgewerr View Post
    I can't keep track of all the CUV's names. Envision, Encore and Enclave. too similar in names and I have no idea were which one stands in the line up.
    Sounds like from Ford's playbook. Escape, Explorer, Expedition, Excursion. lol, they just can't win. Give them names and people don't know where they sit in the hierarchy. Give them alphanumeric names, and people want real names.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BahamaTodd For This Useful Post:

Evo69 (07-17-2015),ultimate_ed (07-19-2015),WishIhadatruck (07-17-2015)

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 FUTURE_OF_GM's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    Buick sorely needs better; Product/Engineering and Sales/Marketing in the US, either GM is inept, or the ROI isn't there and they are just coasting along, pretending to care for the sole benefit of Buick's success in China.

The lone sales "brightspot" is Encore, which due to its country of origin; sales volumes are all but predetermined for at least the second half of the model-year, and based on the recent promotion of $190/down $190/month it appears to be selling lower than plan. (can you lease a Trax for less than that?)
    I agree wholeheartedly with this... GM is down to four brands (here). Buick, and especially GMC, have MONUMENTAL potential. Yet, we're continuing to see neglect.... I certainly hope we're just in a lull and GM actually has great plans for growing these marques after slowly establishing a solid foundation, but I've been burned before with the 'optimistic mindset'. I'd also like to add that "growing these marques" includes more than just product. I'm talking marketing, autonomy, the whole nine yards.

Quote Originally Posted by 91fairladyZ View Post
    Man, how long does it take to get the Cascada over here? It's already two years old...
    This. Should've never showed it in 2015 if it's not going to be here until, essentially, 2017. By then it'll be old news and, trust me, every bit of "press" (read: insults) the car gets will be negative or 'also-ran' jabs.

Quote Originally Posted by TIE1-ON View Post
    I look at every brand GM has and could see myself owning something from that brand except Buick. Just my opinion, but if I'm going to go "up" from Chevy, then I'm leapfrogging Buick for a Cadillac. Yeah I know there are price differences, but from a style perspective if I close my eyes and imagine a Buick in my driveway I laugh out loud (Regal GS is the only exception, but even at that I'd still pass it up for an ATS).

If I imagine a black ATS or CTS in my driveway then...wow...yes, and thank you.

Buicks are fine vehicles I'm sure, and I'm sure someone will get down into the weeds and destroy my opinion, and that's fine.
    I was thinking about this just yesterday and I feel the same way. As much as I gripe about GM and its various brands (it comes from a place of love, I promise) Buick is really the only one I probably wouldn't put in my driveway. I mean, the LaCrosse, Enclave and Encore are awesome, but LaCrosse and Enclave are getting a bit old (although still nice) and Encore just really isn't my style. There's just nothing at Buick that elicits a knee-jerk reaction from me, at this point.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FUTURE_OF_GM For This Useful Post:

Ed Arcuri (07-17-2015),lam (07-17-2015)

lam
    Premium Member Premium Member lam's Avatar
    Thanks

The Best of Buick-GMC Marketing staff (they have by FAR done the best job of all of GM Marketing) should take over Chevrolet Marketing(all Chevrolet Marketing gets fired, ALL), Buick-GMC gets 100 percent outsiders that have Aspirational brand experiences with the entire structure demolish (unnecessary titles Model General Manger, launch Manger).

Come to think it where Sergio main overall point is the savings of Capital, the best part of GM-FCA would no doubt be the Fiat Chrysler Marketing taking over with GM Lifers & Process shown the door.

Also I think top GM Management still think Chevrolet+Cadillac= World Domination mentality.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 RamJet502's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2021 LT Trail Boss 6.2L

Looks very Volvo-esque from the side

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RamJet502 For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (07-17-2015),Diego (07-17-2015)

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 635 Posts

The issue with the Avinir is it would very likely sell in Hyundai Genesis sedan numbers -- think low 5 figures annually. Is Buick committed enough to a flagship sedan that sells in such low numbers? Maybe if it was sold only well equipped and generated excellent margins. That might be a challenge on the Omega platform, though.

Buick really needs to round out their CUV offerings with a class leading Enclave replacement and a solid mid-sized offering. That's where the sales growth is and these vehicles fit Buick well: premium, nicely styled but not overwrought.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tone For This Useful Post:

megeebee (07-17-2015)

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    Where'd you hear that? From spy shots I would say the new LaCrosse is at least as big as the current version, perhaps bigger. Imo Expect a wheelbase longer than the existing 111.7"
    It was on here some time ago if I recall, but that was probably before we even saw camo'd cars so it may have been a false rumor. This was probably a couple years ago at most. Either way the wheelbase may as well increase, as even the Fusion/MKZ have a half-inch longer wheelbase while being shorter overall cars.

lam
    Premium Member Premium Member lam's Avatar
    Thanks

GMC-Buick U.S. is a significant amount of GM's NA Revenue.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lam For This Useful Post:

Envoy4Life (07-18-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by georgewerr View Post
    I can't keep track of all the CUV's names. Envision, Encore and Enclave. too similar in names and I have no idea were which one stands in the line up.
    Its better then the stupid names Cadillac decided to go with.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,234 Times in 1,933 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Butz View Post
    Not yet. How is the Buick Park Avenue doing in China? Maybe there is yet a market for a premium fullsize RWD sedan
    It's not "doing" at all.

Here's a link I found at LeftLaneNews.

http://left-lane.com/china-car-sales...k-park-avenue/

It's best year was its first. 2007. with 6143.

Last year, 2014, sales were 6. The entire year.

So for all the hoopla and angst over this car, sales were never very good.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to megeebee For This Useful Post:

2b2 (07-17-2015),Butz (07-17-2015),vcs2600 (07-17-2015)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Butz View Post
    It takes time to scrape the colors off the badge

[img]http://***********.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/2016-buick-envision/2016-buick-envision-exterior-02.jpg[/img]
    would be in my driveway.....but settled for a Terrain which I would trade for this in a second. i just don't understand this company.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buick59 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (07-17-2015),goatgary (07-17-2015),steve333 (07-17-2015)

26. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information