What would you change about the way your GM car/truck runs?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: What would you change about the way your GM car/truck runs?

Walking
    Thanks

What would you change about the way your GM car/truck runs?

Asking from a performance/drivability standpoint.

No suspension or noise issues, but any thing about the driving experience that bugs you?

Something you think could be improved over factory?
    Last edited by Tech_BullyDog; 01-21-2019 at 08:38 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,018 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Re: What would you change about the way your GM car/truck runs?

Thats an interesting question. Im pleased with my current c6 corvette z51 manual. I fully expect the c8 dct z51 with mrc, npp and fals will provide an even better daily driver for my next corvette.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,164 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

for me transmission shifting and the slowness to downshift / eagerness to upshift

I had a CHevrolet Avelanche and a G8 before that and other GM cars / trucks and they all exibit that tendancy
    I now OWN a RAM with the ZF8HA "torqueflight 8" transmission and it is a whole other world better

5. The Following User Says Thank You to richmond2000 For This Useful Post:

Ed753 (05-11-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Z28
    2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

For 2017 cruze diesel stickshift, can't think of much to reasonably improve.
    For 2015 SS sedan stickshift, I'd like a short-throw Hurst shifter.

For 2016 Sonic Sedan 1.4L stickshift, the entire drivetrain needs to be swapped for a better drivetrain and then installed in an entirely different chassis. Sonic is a bad car with a few OK characteristics. Not sure if I will trade the Sonic for a 2020 camaro LT1, or give it to one of my kids, or surprise a random new licensed-driver immigrant with it after they clear customs from Terminal E at Logan airport.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Z28 View Post
    For 2017 cruze diesel stickshift, can't think of much to reasonably improve.
    For 2015 SS sedan stickshift, I'd like a short-throw Hurst shifter.

For 2016 Sonic Sedan 1.4L stickshift, the entire drivetrain needs to be swapped for a better drivetrain and then installed in an entirely different chassis. Sonic is a bad car with a few OK characteristics. Not sure if I will trade the Sonic for a 2020 camaro LT1, or give it to one of my kids, or surprise a random new licensed-driver immigrant with it after they clear customs from Terminal E at Logan airport.
    No offense.. But if the CMaro SS is your goto after a Sonic.. Was it really good idea to get a Sonic in the first place? 😕
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks
    In the CTS-V... I wish it had AWD. The 640hp is manageable with proper launching, but at that level awd should be standard. 8speed has been running extremely well since the fluid changeover.

Z06... Same thing as the V in terms of awd. That would be sick. Shifting is sublime with short throw.

For both.. Can Brembo make a less dusty pad. I switched to aftermarket pads to cut down on the dust.

Yukon.. Nothing really. Ride was harsh at first so I leveled it off with shock extenders and softer springs. Also.. GM should ship with less air in tires.

Impala.. Nothing at all. No complaints in 6 years

Cruze.. GM should put sticker saying runs better and even more efficiently with premium gas. I mean that. Regular is cheaper, but premium is more efficient. Literally works out to cost the same. Other than that.. Pretty nice ride. I really think Chevy should have did what Dodge did with the Challenger and kept the car looking like the 2009-16 making slight changes and upgrades or options to the powertrain. It works for the Corolla too.

66 Impala.. Honestly to be 53 years old the car handles quite well. I've changed springs and shocks.. Engine upgrades.. Clutch upgrades and differential.. I wish I had of added a/c lol
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special

Z28
    2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

CMDB, Why do you think AWD is a good idea for a performance car, aside from dirt-tracking or dirt-roadcourse or frozen-lake-race?

Driving CTS-V on race track is so much fun that it might convince you never to drive it on street again except to/from the track on "drive what you brung" day.

I'd like to see an "IROC" series with CTS-Vs. No AWD.

In 2016 if there had been any diesel Chevy with stickshift available, I would not have bought Sonic. Btw, have you/kid ever tried a Cruze with 1.8L engine and stick - it is much nicer than 1.4L with stick. Probably will give Sonic to my kid who vows to trade it for a 25+ year old 'antique' right-hand-drive imported Nissan GT-R 3 years from now.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,908 Times in 1,891 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Z28 View Post
    CMDB, Why do you think AWD is a good idea for a performance car, aside from dirt-tracking or dirt-roadcourse or frozen-lake-race?

Driving CTS-V on race track is so much fun that it might convince you never to drive it on street again except to/from the track on "drive what you brung" day.

I'd like to see an "IROC" series with CTS-Vs. No AWD.

In 2016 if there had been any diesel Chevy with stickshift available, I would not have bought Sonic. Btw, have you/kid ever tried a Cruze with 1.8L engine and stick - it is much nicer than 1.4L with stick. Probably will give Sonic to my kid who vows to trade it for a 25+ year old 'antique' right-hand-drive imported Nissan GT-R 3 years from now.
    Sorry about jumping in here, but the only advantage I see to an AWD in a performance car would be for inclement weather.

Z28
    2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

thanks 1950s car nut, I agree that AWD can be useful in case of ice & snow. But way less useful than snow-tires.

Had AWD Benz E320 for 100k miles. The AWD was useful approximately once over 100k miles.
    The 4 snow tires were useful probably more than 10,000 times in the 40k miles they were on the car - they were useful every time braking and turning on winter roads.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information