GM Inside News Forum banner

Diagnostic

6K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Willb 
#1 ·
What is the best diagnostic bi-directional scan tool . Midrange price

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Cheap code reader for the win. I think I paid 60 for one on Amazon with benefit of also pulling ABS and BCM codes in addition to typical PCM codes. Also tells me if the vehicle will pass OBD2 emissions tests, helpful when you have a couple of less than stock vehicles.

This post has been deleted
#7 ·
Best for the Money:

With its sleek design and easy to use interface, the Launch X431 VIII OBD II diagnostic scanner is a device one can rely on. The device is very easy to use as it only needs the user to connect it to the carport and start diagnosing error codes.
that one is not bi directional per the documentation and the OP stated wanting a bi directional one
mac tools used to sell launch scanners on the trucks but have stopped due to bad support across models and to sell bosch scanners

#8 ·
Richmond2000 Sorry to say but you are not correct. The thinkdiag is made by launch and uses the launch software it is also bi-directional with similar functionality to the launch x431 VIII, it does not however have online programming but nether does the launch x431 VIII as this is classed as an online product and sold by china sellers. Only the launch devices from country distributors have online coding normally. The thinkdiag i have myself and the menu when diagnosing is the same as the other launch devices. Maybe you are confusing the launch thinkdiag with the ap200 from autel as this does not have bi-directional control so there is no active tests possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.