3.8 series II supercharged upgrades - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3.8 series II supercharged upgrades

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 Premium Member GMfan1111's Avatar
    in a undisclosed bunker somewhere in the metro detroit area
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Buick Verano Turbo

Re: 3.8 series II supercharged upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Smaart Aas Saabr View Post
    I did play with the belts on a L67 and I thought it was a cakewalk. I mean all ya got to do is move the springy thing, then just slip the belt around and you're done. Just need a decent wrench of some sort to hold the springy thing.
    I was saying that because we had to change both the serpentine belts and the supercharger belt in my bros 96 Riviera. Getting the belts off was easy. rethreading all the belts on the other hand was a different matter and it took 2 days to re thread both belts. Thats what i meant by my statement. the pulley changes are not that bad but the belts can pose a challenge
    “The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair”

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools".
    - Douglas Adams -

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smaart Aas Saabr View Post
    I did play with the belts on a L67 and I thought it was a cakewalk. I mean all ya got to do is move the springy thing, then just slip the belt around and you're done. Just need a decent wrench of some sort to hold the springy thing.
    The problem on the Riviera is the belt goes around the engine mount, meaning you have to remove the mount and prop up the engine to get the belt out. Engineers...

Walking
    Thanks

My 00' GTP has ran a best of 12.48 at 112mph. Should be able to push it to 11.9's this year with the new heads, cam and GENV m90.
    Yes check out Intense and 3800pro.com
    There is alot of power to be had from the L67/L32, especially in a 3600 lb car, 4 door at that. Surprises alot of people.
    Hidden Content
    2000 GTP - 11.90 @117Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

hey guys...im looking to get a little more speed out of my 2003 Buick Regal GS 3.8 S/C and was wondering if someone can guide me into the right direction. after reading a few posts here, i was wondering can the same thing apply to mine that Dav done to his? Dont want to do much but that sound like something i can do. thanks

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC fast86-gn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regal_2003_3.8L View Post
    hey guys...im looking to get a little more speed out of my 2003 Buick Regal GS 3.8 S/C and was wondering if someone can guide me into the right direction. after reading a few posts here, i was wondering can the same thing apply to mine that Dav done to his? Dont want to do much but that sound like something i can do. thanks
    Lot's of help here... www.regalgs.org

Just dropping the pulley size to get more boost is not the best thing to do without the supporting mods. More air in means you have to get more air out. Without upgrading your exhaust your just boost stacking and that is hard on your engine. Get a good custom tune as well and scan for knock retard.

I have seen a 3.8 pulley car go faster than a 3.4 pulley car simply because of the supporting mods.
    Do the CAI, headers and full exhaust, get a custom tune and then look going to a 3.4 pulley.

Check out the regal forum if you have not already lot's of good stuff there.
    David N.
    86 Regal GN Wknd Race/Show car
    87 Regal GN 45K Sons car
    98 Regal GS Wknd race car
    98 Regal LS Sons Daily
    08 Sky Redline Wife's car
    05 Rainier GSX My Daily
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    So I have a 2004 MC Supercharged Dale Jr signature series and I’m wondering if anyone knows how I can get the cluster gauges to work.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information