2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo upgrades - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo upgrades

Banned
    Thanks

Re: 2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    On the new Global A system, yes. It wont be detected unless they are looking for it but they can tell. The Theta twins, Regal and Camaro are the only vehicles on it right now IIRC.
    They have been able to detect non-GM engine calibrations for years. No, a Tech II can't see it, but all GM has to do is ask the dealer tech to send them a "snapshot" of the ECM code and they can see the Calibration ID's for the previous 10 engine calibrations that were downloaded on the ECM/TCM.

So, even if you re-load the stock tune, they can see the previous Cal IDs and they can tell whether it was a GM calibration or not.

That is why I left my OEM modules stock and had new modules tuned. That way I can simply swap the modules to go back to stock. Takes about 5 minutes to swap the ECM and the TCM on my truck.

I currently have 3 sets....one Black Bear tuned, one Nelson Performance tuned and the stock ones.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    Then why did you delete the posts? There was good information in it. At first you said that your tunes were invisible and continued to say it. Im just posting info that they are NOT invisible and GM can find them.

I love what you have done with the car. I really enjoy the Regal so Im just confused as to why all the deletions. People generally only do that when they are either pissed off they have been proven wrong or when they are trying to hide something. Just wondering.
    I'm not pissed off, I haven't been proven wrong (kind of hard to prove me wrong unless your currently tuned and modding a 2011 Regal Turbo) and I have nothing to hide.

I'm not a Trifecta dealer and I'm not a vendor selling parts, so to be honest I could care less if anyone does anything to there Regal Turbo's that I've posted here.

I just thought I'd share my findings and what I've done thus far to mine.

I haven't seen anyone else post up any modifications but tune only on any forums as far as the new 2011 Regal is concerned.

I thought people would like to read about real world modifications/results and not conjecture.

The information is still in this thread through quoted replies or people can pm me and ask without having to sift through the same stuff posted over and over.
    Last edited by 11RegalT; 08-26-2011 at 03:16 PM.
    Hidden Content 2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo Trifecta Tuned

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

First of all welcome aboard, rest assured many of us are very glad that you came and posted real world data. The tuneability of these cars, and this engine is info that I knew some of but yearned for more info....so thank you for coming here and sharing that. I find stock cars quickly can turn slow or boring to me, so the tuning aspect of any car is a part of my purchase decision usually. I think you will find that there are a lot of Regal owners here whol actually own them and love them, so I encourage you to stick around.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 3,816 Times in 2,210 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 11RegalT View Post
    I'm not pissed off, I haven't been proven wrong (kind of hard to prove me wrong unless your currently tuned and modding a 2011 Regal Turbo) and I have nothing to hide.
    You are saying its invisible to a Tech 2 and thus to GM. Im saying that it is not invisible at all and that GM can find it if they want. That simple. Guys with Camaros are having the exact same issue. To tune or not and risk throwing away the warranty.

Hell, my GTO is tuned and I could care less.

Im just saying that GM can see the tunes despite the fact that they are invisible to a Tech 2. Simple as that.

I hope you stick around and post up some pics of what you've done and at least a dyno vid.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VMax2007 View Post
    They have been able to detect non-GM engine calibrations for years. No, a Tech II can't see it, but all GM has to do is ask the dealer tech to send them a "snapshot" of the ECM code and they can see the Calibration ID's for the previous 10 engine calibrations that were downloaded on the ECM/TCM.

So, even if you re-load the stock tune, they can see the previous Cal IDs and they can tell whether it was a GM calibration or not.

That is why I left my OEM modules stock and had new modules tuned. That way I can simply swap the modules to go back to stock. Takes about 5 minutes to swap the ECM and the TCM on my truck.

I currently have 3 sets....one Black Bear tuned, one Nelson Performance tuned and the stock ones.
    I wonder if this is possible with the Regal?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cozbyrt View Post
    I wonder if this is possible with the Regal?
    Not sure about the Regal, but the 6 speed AT in the newer trucks have the TCM built into the transmission, so swapping it is not feasible. But the ECM is likely swappable.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

i love turbos!!! my 01 jetta 1.8T 300 tq 270 hp 30MPG, intake-exhaust-tune are the main parts, the regal is beautiful!! but OVERPRICED + OVERWEIGHT, and FWD without a mechanical LSD WILL torque steer, i believe GM used the QUAIFE differential in the cobalt SS's, its what i had installed in my jetta absolutely NO torque steer at 300 ft lb tq, gm cheaps out with their "performance strut", when BOTH front wheels pull you GOOOO, thats a quaife, in a straight line of course. would like to see a cruse SS or verano done right, no bling just performance with a REASONABLE $$$$, too many packages $$$$ today IMO

Jix
    Walking
    Thanks
    Is there an aftermarket turbo for a 2011 Non turbo engine Regal?

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information