Productivity Commission: Automotive Manufacturing Industry Submissions

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Productivity Commission: Automotive Manufacturing Industry Submissions

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Productivity Commission: Automotive Manufacturing Industry Submissions

For the curious, Here is a link to the initial public submissions to the governments productivity commission, regarding their investigation into the Australian automotive manufacturing industry.
    So far there is 75 submissions from various companies connected with the industry, and also some members of the public who obviously have interest in the industry.

The submissions page:
    http://www.pc.gov.au/projects/inquir...ve/submissions

Holdens submission (PDF warning):
    http://www.pc.gov.au/__data/assets/p...automotive.pdf

Holdens submission is one of the largest, but I found it interesting to skim through and read some examples of its relationship with suppliers, and connections with other local industries.
    Last edited by JPDyno; 12-03-2013 at 01:10 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,134 Times in 4,376 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Re: Productivity Commission: Automotive Manufacturing Industry Submissions

Productivity Commission? Sounds like something out of 1984. What does The Ministry of Truth think about this?
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

Hidden Content

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 SV6 Manual, Impulse Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Productivity Commission? Sounds like something out of 1984. What does The Ministry of Truth think about this?
    Well this new government is appearing to be ultra conservative, still stuck in the 50's with them planning to abolish the carbon tax (Won't even consider an ETS) with a plan to get a "Green Army" to plant trees.
    They have cut funding to researchers, especially in the area of climate change. They abolished the ministry for climate change.
    They have reneged on a promise made prior to the election to match school reforms that the Labor party was in the process of rolling out.
    The Prime Minister has relations with some of our Asian neigbours at a knife edge. He also won't release any information under Freedom of information Acts. Citing some rubbish even though under past governments the information being requested was released even under the Howard Government.
    Most importantly, when a journalist actually asks a really intelligent hard to answer question, Tony Abbott MHR walks away without an answer.

Other than that the Government is fine

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 SV6 Manual, Impulse Blue

And Don't get me started on the National Broadband Network. That just makes me

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,134 Times in 4,376 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

I can't argue with the "climate studies" funding cuts. Ministry for climate change. LOL. Someone is going to control the sun's climate.

That money goes for political purposes that has nothing to do with climate.
    Ditto a "carbon tax," just another con job to extract funds from anyone's pocket they can get their hands into.

FOI will result in lawsuits, just as it has here in the USA. People with something to hide do not like FOI and will sandbag it at every turn.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

Hidden Content

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1999 Ford Fairmont Wagon

Green Army plants trees -what a joke. Policies that prevent the need for farmers in Sheparton to fell hundreds of trees in orchards because of cheap imported fruit. I did see that a case was one against the Italians for dumping canned tomatoes on to the Australian market. The same should be investigated for any vegetable that comes out of the EU.

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1999 Ford Fairmont Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    We no longer have a Ministry of Science so I wouldn't expect Truth to get any sort of look in. I hope the Productivity Commission does do the proper job on this one. It is too important to keep our manufacturing and with automobile industry manufacturing the costs for other industries go up. I guess the submissions and how they are questioned will be the important thing. They will, of course, pay particular attention as to where profits, when made go to!

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information