GM names its Commodore replacement in confidential documents to Canberra

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: GM names its Commodore replacement in confidential documents to Canberra

Thanks
    My Ride
    VF Series 2: The Red Devil

4 September 2012
    By RON HAMMERTON

www.goauto.com.au

GM HOLDEN has told the federal government which two new future models it intends to build at its Elizabeth plant in South Australia over the next decade and when they expect them to roll off the production line.

Company chairman and managing director Mike Devereux has told GoAuto that documents recently delivered to Canberra to support Holden’s $275 million co-investment agreement with the federal government include not only a timeline of the development and rollout of the proposed locally built products but specifics of the cars themselves.

The plan is top secret, kept under wraps by federal officials and ministers under a commercial-in-confidence agreement with Holden and its General Motors parent in Detroit.

The plan holds the key to the much-speculated replacement for the locally built Commodore large car late in the decade, as well as the current Cruze small car that most pundits expect to be replaced with an all-new Cruze on fresh third-generation Delta architecture in about 2016.

More at link:

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257A6F001FE02E

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: GM names its Commodore replacement in confidential documents to Canberra

I wonder how long before info is leaked. We need to know lol
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillac’s newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 13’ Audi A3 Hatch TDI
    17’ Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16’ Cadillac ELR

Thanks
    My Ride
    VF Series 2: The Red Devil

We can rule out the Volt. It wouldn't suprise me if it was a Captiva since SUV's are the the 'in' or trendy vehicle to own.

Local ‘Volt’ a long way off as Holden settles for petrol-electric imports from US
    4 September 2012
    By RON HAMMERTON
    HOLDEN has ruled out local production of a plug-in range-extender petrol-electric car in the foreseeable future, saying the small market for vehicles such as the Volt dictated that they be made at a restricted number of locations for world markets.

In the case of the Volt, which goes on sale in Australia in November for $59,990 (plus on-road costs), that means it will be imported solely from General Motors’ Hamtramck factory in Detroit, which also makes the Opel/Vauxhall version, Ampera.

GM Holden chairman and managing director Mike Devereux said that future model plans for locally built cars – encompassing two all-new models built on GM global platforms – did not include a Volt-style plug in.

“I don’t have a plan to do that,” he said. “Right now, the economies of scale would dictate that you make it in one place and export that to the world, and that seems to be the right plan right now.

“I think you would need to see pretty massive volumes, particularly in this country because you have to pick cars that are top-10 sellers.

“It comes with a hell of a lot of investment, and I think you would have to question the business case for how many you could sell.

“I think the best plan for this vehicle is to build them with as much economy of scale as possible in as few places as possible.”

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257A6F0022B2B5

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks
    My Ride
    SXV20R CSX Camry, 98, Silver

oging forward from July 2012 the already announced cars coming online in the next 3 years look a little like the following list.
    - Malibu
    - Volt
    - TM Barina(Sonic)
    - MJ Spark
    - Trax (July 13-on)
    - RG Colorado - single,extended and crew cab
    - RG Colorado 7 (Feb '13)
    - Commodore redesign (VF? Mar 2014)
    then there is the expansion of the export Program to consider,
    currently it is Caprice PPV in 9C1 (full PPV) and the 9C3 'limited content' detective vehicles. that are the only model in the US export program. slated to come though are the Chevy SS, currently it seems as though it will only be in sedan but it seems there would be good use for all three body variants to head over as many Pontiac G8 owners wish they could get their hands on either the ute or the Sportwagon.

that's my 2c on whats going on, based on Publicly available info.
    AfterBurner_1

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,532 Posts
    My Ride
    MY16 Holden Colorado LS-X Man

VF is next Year , around march/april if there is a model after that Holden is definately not saying yet
    Who the hell approved this abomination? Hidden Content

I bet it was some dumbarse in Detroit Hidden Content

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

My money is on a 2.5 twin turbo ethanol powered all aluminum shooting break with 6 speed manual transaxle at the rear, complemented by electrically boosted front wheels which capture energy into large capacitors from their reverse polarity ferrite arrestors. Holden Wanderer/Chevy Nomad/Buick Roadmaster/Cadillac Kingswood

.....pretty sure that's what's going to happen.
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    Holden S2 LX Captiva diesel

Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    My money is on a 2.5 twin turbo ethanol powered all aluminum shooting break with 6 speed manual transaxle at the rear, complemented by electrically boosted front wheels which capture energy into large capacitors from their reverse polarity ferrite arrestors. Holden Wanderer/Chevy Nomad/Buick Roadmaster/Cadillac Kingswood

What no flux capacitors???

Wake up Mick your dreaming again LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Look out im on twitter @kts350
    3 on the Tree Hidden Content size="4">http://kts350.wix.com/3onthetree

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC AnotherSteve's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    The ute's gone. Something Germ

Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post

YES. We need you to get a job at Holden where you are invloved in the decision making process...
    Life is too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information