Ford Falcon XR Sprint - the end of the line.

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Ford Falcon XR Sprint - the end of the line.

Thanks

Ford Falcon XR Sprint - the end of the line.

2016 Ford Falcon XR8 Sprint, XR6 Turbo Sprint Revealed

Limited build run, big power hikes
    www.caradvice.com.au

by Mike Stevens

Full details on the new limited-edition 2016 Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo Sprint and XR8 Turbo Sprint sedan models have been revealed this morning, just hours after first leaking onto the internet.

As confirmed yesterday afternoon, the returned Sprint badge brings more power and some sharp price hikes for both variants, along with upgraded brakes and a subtle graphics package.

The XR6 Turbo Sprint will be offered at $54,990 plus on-road costs, marking a $9800 premium over its regular counterpart, while a $59,990 plus on-roads cost for the XR8 Sprint represents a $6500 increase.

Just 1400 of the limited-edition Sprint models will be built: 550 of the XR6 model and 850 of the XR8, with 150 of those (50 XR6, 100 XR8) going to New Zealand. Numbered build plates will, of course, also feature.

On the power front, both models have had outputs dialled up, with the six-cylinder model now tapping its V8 mate on the back ó and the XR8 wisely staying off the 351kW limited-edition FPV GT-F 351ís lawn.

For the turbocharged 4.0-litre XR6 Turbo Sprint, power is now up a huge 55kW and 43Nm to a new 325kW at 6000rpm, and torque peaks at 576Nm at 2750rpm. With the 10-second short-burst Overboost function in play, that climbs to 370kW and 650Nm.

Tricks at work in the XR6 Turbo Sprint include pilfering the FPV F6ís turbo and injectors, but thereís also a larger intercooler, a lower-positioned airbox, enlarged air intake design, and a unique calibration to the engine and six-speed automatic transmission (no manual with this one).

Continued here

Ford Falcon XR6 and XR8 Sprint spied ahead of May release

www.caradvice.com.au
    Paul Maric

A CarAdvice reader has spied Fordís yet to be released, limited-edition Ford Falcon XR6 Sprint and Falcon XR8 Sprint models, which are due to go on sale in May 2016.

We exclusively revealed last year that Ford Australia would revive the Sprint nameplate for a boosted set of XR6 Turbo and XR8 models.

The official confirmation from Ford confirmed that the Sprint nameplate would return and buyers would be graced with a generous power hike on XR6 Turbo and sharper performance on XR8.

Continued here (with more pics)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Ford Falcon XR Sprint - the end of the line.

This is it. Visually, I think that the new lip spoiler looks the biz and overall the FG X Falcon is a real looker. With those power boosts this is a great way to go out.

Congratulations Ford Aus. I wish you continued success in the development of global vehicles like the Ranger and Everest.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to from oz For This Useful Post:

V-Car (02-13-2016)

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty
    This is a decent way for them to go out since I haven't really considered A Falcon since the AU came out, but friends EA & EDs almost tempted me. Even with basic SPac suspension and the long throw knuckle dragging 5speed bossing around the I6, grins were assured.

Once I couldn't comfortably fit in the driver's seat though, it was all over.

I've asked ford Australia for a test car so many times I'm sure the press fleet guy just bumps my emails now. I wonder what they were scared of me saying from behind the wheel...... or maybe I'm just a pain in the ass whose opinion wouldn't add enough to provide value...... our maybe they didn't like my #****taurus hash tag. either way it will be sad to see it go. At least they made an effort at the end. It looks like the best they could do.

Now all that's left is for someone to ship one over to the US to compare against the AWD Taurus SLO. come on caradvice! You can do it!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mikmak For This Useful Post:

kts350 (02-16-2016)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    Holden S2 LX Captiva diesel

Re: Ford Falcon XR Sprint - the end of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    This is a decent way for them to go out since I haven't really considered A Falcon since the AU came out, but friends EA & EDs almost tempted me. Even with basic SPac suspension and the long throw knuckle dragging 5speed bossing around the I6, grins were assured.

Once I couldn't comfortably fit in the driver's seat though, it was all over.

I've asked ford Australia for a test car so many times I'm sure the press fleet guy just bumps my emails now. I wonder what they were scared of me saying from behind the wheel...... or maybe I'm just a pain in the ass whose opinion wouldn't add enough to provide value...... our maybe they didn't like my #****taurus hash tag. either way it will be sad to see it go. At least they made an effort at the end. It looks like the best they could do.

Now all that's left is for someone to ship one over to the US to compare against the AWD Taurus SLO. come on caradvice! You can do it!
    It's not just you re:ford
    Look out im on twitter @kts350
    3 on the Tree Hidden Content size="4">http://kts350.wix.com/3onthetree

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements