Aussie VE/VF owners

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Aussie VE/VF owners

Thanks

Aussie VE/VF owners

Looking for some opinions/thoughts from those that have owned 1 or both.

Im tossing up between a VE series 2 Calais V or a VF SV6 for my next car, the VE im looking at is a MY12.5, the VF a 2014, so im just wondering if there were any early build issues on the VF's? Im assuming with the MY12.5 being last of the VE's build quality might have been better, but with both being 5-6 years old now it might not make much diff anymore. 1 thing that has me curious, the VF is listed as build date november 2013 but release date october 2014, why the big gap??

Having trouble deciding which to go for, love the look of the Calais V, the SV6 looks awesome to, just the VE interior is way behind the VF.

So if you have owned or driven one or both, would love to hear your opinion on them. Im finally upgrading from my VT, which ive loved, so no doubt both will feel like major step up.

Mods put this in whichever thread it needs to go to.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,279 Posts
    My Ride
    MY16 Holden Colorado LS-X Man

Re: Aussie VE/VF owners

I hear people complain about the HVAC in VF's as the heater unit is not Aussie made so complete rubbish

The Calais V should have a fairly decent infotainment interface if that interests you at all as the only real advantage to VF is a nicer looking interface

If they're both V6's there is pretty much zero difference

The only way I'd buy a VF over a VE would be mileage and if its a V8 you could get an LS3 vs an L98
    Who the hell approved this abomination? Hidden Content

I bet it was some dumbarse in Detroit Hidden Content

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Holden VF Calais V Karma

Just upgraded my 2007 VE Calais V to low km 2014 Calais V. Very happy with the car although a couple of small things annoy.
    I personally didn't like the interior changes they did with VE Series 2, looked quite cheap compared to the Series 1 VE Calais.
    Haven't driven a Series 2 VE on the softer suspension change but can say on the odd occasion I wish my VF was a touch firmer. SV6 might be the way to go, although I find that model a bit basic feature wise compared to Calais V

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty
    Probably too late to the party. I've owned MY11 VEII SV6 and MY15 VFII Black edition SV6. I always but series II just to make sure they've had ample time to fix version gremlins. VFII is much more responsive and sounds sweeter than VEII but I like the older version seats, and steering. Both are softer than I would like and I don't like the bling on the VF (which is why I bought a black edition. For me, the Calais V would be the pick and I'd just live with the older interior design. Having said that, I also don't really fancy the chrome trim on the front.

In short, the VEII feels a little more analogue than VF, but I could live with it because of the cleaner design and slight better feel.
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mikmak For This Useful Post:

chinamonty (10-15-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    Probably too late to the party. I've owned MY11 VEII SV6 and MY15 VFII Black edition SV6. I always but series II just to make sure they've had ample time to fix version gremlins. VFII is much more responsive and sounds sweeter than VEII but I like the older version seats, and steering. Both are softer than I would like and I don't like the bling on the VF (which is why I bought a black edition. For me, the Calais V would be the pick and I'd just live with the older interior design. Having said that, I also don't really fancy the chrome trim on the front.

In short, the VEII feels a little more analogue than VF, but I could live with it because of the cleaner design and slight better feel.
    Its all good i appreciate the reply, im still looking actually, i decided on the VE over the VF, always wanted to own a Calais, within few days of deciding, the VF got sold and i was unable to go see the VE till following week it sold that weekend lol but its all good, the Calais was white and ive owned a white VT for nearly 10 years now so i can keep looking for the karma colour i really want and there really isnt many in series 2, even less with the white interior option id like to have to.

Since you got both a VE and VF, is the mylink in the VE good? I know they changed it in VF, i heard there had been some issues with it.

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty
    They're both average! I seem to remember the VE dropping out more often, but VF seems to have problems with recognising phones after a service. I did like that the VE had an internal hard drive to store music.
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information