VFacts August 2019: = More (less) of the same - Page 4

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VFacts August 2019: = More (less) of the same

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: VFacts August 2019: = More (less) of the same

I don't think there's a short term fix. The brand is a big problem, as is lack of any new product.

1. Trax is ancient with no replacement in sight. No word on the Encore GX or 'Trailblazer' coming from Korea.
    2. Passenger cars are dead. ZB and Astra sell in minimal numbers and I can't see them bothering with a new generation.
    3. Colorado is decent, however too expensive. It can't compete priced at the current level. They need to drop the prices to Triton level, however I don't think the appetite is there...
    4. Trailblazer is too cheaply finished for a passenger wagon. It might look okay in the Colorado, but customer's expect a higher interior finish with better features in a wagon. Quite expensive too, can't compete with the Pajero Sport.
    5. Equinox. Too expensive and poor specs. The MY20 fixes some of this, however the car just isn't appealing to the primary Mid-size SUV market. A 7 seat version would be brilliant.
    6. Acadia. Good car, quite expensive. Hamstrung by poor supply. I'm not sure they've picked the correct model for this market.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 RedVee8's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2015 VF Calais "Heron White"
    Do GM have correct models to bring here instead ?
    Current Holdens.
    VH Commodore Vacationer 253 V8; AH Astra CDX 1.8; VF Calais 3.6V6
    plus U12 Nissan Pintara SuperHatch.
    Previous Holdens.
    69 HT Kingswood 186; 75 HJ Premier 202; 77 TC Gemini; 85 JD Camira SL/E 1.8i; CG06 Captiva LX 3.2V6, CG09 Captiva LX 3.2V6, 2012 VEII Commodore SV6 3.6sidi.

Keep Holden On.

Hidden Content
    St George Illawarra, Ibanez AEB10E-BK, Feider PBass, Challenger Bass
    4StringsGood

Thanks
    My Ride
    VF Series 2: The Red Devil
    Yes, i just read about the September sales figures and it's not pretty for Holden with only 2863 sales and in 11th (?) position.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Holden are still acting like they are number 1. So are looking at bringing forward retail campaigns, building relationships with dealers... the stuff you worry about when things are humming along.

The issue is, its product product product. Thats what Holden should be working on. We should be hearing about future vehicles, them running the feasibility of a RHD pickup, Australian-specific models like 7 seater Equinox or a Trax RS.

The funny thing is Holden New Zealand is doing amazingly well with 1,333 sales last month. The difference is Holden NZ really plays to its Australian heritage and buyers like a company that represents something.... or at least anything.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Downandout For This Useful Post:

hq308 (10-03-2019)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Downandout View Post
    ... Australian-specific models like 7 seater Equinox or a Trax RS.
    Holden has no leverage. They sell 100 cars a day, across 7 models from 7 different factories, spread over 200+ (?) dealers. The logo is the only Australian-specific component these days.

The writing is on the wall. Double-digit number of Corvettes at an unspecified time in the future is not going to save them. Buyers reject Holden. Even Inchcape rejected Holden, they will pick up the pieces one day at the right price.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GolfBravo For This Useful Post:

hq308 (10-04-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Most dealers have moved on too. We're mostly multi-franchise now and Holden is quickly becoming the irrelevant brand against even smaller brands like Renault and some of the Chinese.

Last month we delivered 12 Holden's against 15 Renault's. Our Hyundai volume is far greater. Go back to Mid 2014, only just over 5 years ago and we were doing over 100 Holden's on a good month (154 delivered in June 2014) and still over 70 on an average month. The drop in sales has been phenomenal. The problem however becomes an even bigger once the service 'carpark' evaporates.... At present the service and parts revenue make it only just worthwhile as a franchise. Once that's gone (I give it maybe 2 years at current retention rates) and the brand is pointless to 99% of dealers.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timandhayley For This Useful Post:

hq308 (10-04-2019),richmond2000 (10-04-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Really sad to see the dealers struggling, they are such an important asset for a manufacturer. The biggest barrier to entry is a wide dealer network, and Holden has one sitting there that they are letting suffer.

Holden really need to go hard and build volume. A 2wd 4 cylinder petrol single cab Colorado to get entry level sales (I know Holden said they dont want to compete in that space, but think of the dealers). Holden need to also lean heavily on the Thai plant and get AEB added as standard across the range. Colorado LS 4wd dual cab at $33,990 driveaway, LSX at $38,990 (this would be a smash hit) and LTZ at $43,990.

Bring in a V6 petrol across the range for $1000 cheaper than diesel. V6 petrol would get a lot of press coverage and will give airtime to the issues that diesels are having - and how undesirable they are becoming. Even if they only sell 15% V6, it will give the rest of the range a huge boost.

Colorado should be a 3,000 units a month, price just needs to come down to earth.

I actually think Holden's problems are not with General Motors. GM itself has probably been doing as much as can be expected, Equinox, Acadia and now Corvette in right hand drive. The strong rumours of Bolt becoming RHD next gen and even whispers of a factory RHD Siverado.GM has also opened up locally GM finance. They are making money here - which is good, but volume needs to build for the dealers.
    Last edited by Downandout; 10-08-2019 at 07:35 PM.

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

In other news, people on a VF owners group in Facebook are all talking praises of the Acadia. I found that quite surprising because the Commodore is a better car. Still, to each their own. I guess they view it as less of a personal slight.

Thanks
    My Ride
    VF Series 2: The Red Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Amatressa View Post
    In other news, people on a VF owners group in Facebook are all talking praises of the Acadia. I found that quite surprising because the Commodore is a better car. Still, to each their own. I guess they view it as less of a personal slight.
    I drove a hire car Acadia and was impressed with the performance and fuel economy of it. That was on the highway between Canberra and Sydney.

How it would handle going down the Clyde Mountain in a spirited way, I have no idea. But I doubt it would be as enjoyable as my VF.

I didn’t like the interior or exterior styling though.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information