New Holden Captiva 2WD Delivers Segement Leading Fuel Efficiency

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Holden Captiva 2WD Delivers Segement Leading Fuel Efficiency

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member JoeT's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2003 Holden Monaro CV8

New Holden Captiva 2WD Delivers Segement Leading Fuel Efficiency

New Captiva 2WD Delivers Segement Leading Fuel Efficiency

GM Holden
    26 August 2008
    www.holden.com.au

GM Holden will offer the most fuel efficient entry in the medium SUV segment as part of a new choice of two-wheel-drive, diesel powered Captiva models.

Powered by the 2.0 litre diesel engine found in the Captiva AWD range, the manual transmission 2WD model will lead its segment with fuel efficiency (ADR081/01) of 7.2 litres per 100kms. The automatic returns an impressive 8.5 litres per 100km.

Priced from just $33,990* for the five-speed manual transmission and $35,990* for the five-speed automatic transmission, the Holden Captiva diesel 2WD models are $2,000 less than their AWD equivalents.

GM Holden’s Director of Marketing, Philip Brook, said the two new variants were great additions to the already successful Captiva range.

“For consumers who want all the benefits of a medium SUV but don’t need the performance of an AWD, the 2WD Captiva SX is the perfect solution,” Brook said.

“They get the sporty design, flexibility and turbo diesel power plus the fuel efficiency of a much smaller vehicle.”

The new five-seater 2WD Captiva will be available as an SX model which retains all the specifications of its AWD equivalent with Traction Control, Active Rollover Protection, Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and six airbags including driver, passenger, side and curtain airbags as standard.

The 2WD Captiva SX with automatic transmission is on sale now, with the manual transmission variant scheduled to be in dealerships late September.

GM Holden is offering free side steps and roof mounted DVD player to any private customer who purchases a Captiva SX, CX or LX by 31 October 2008 or while stocks last.

*Recommended Retail Price – excludes dealer delivery and Government charges.

Holden Launches 2WD Captiva

Jez Spinks
    26 August 2008
    www.drive.com.au

Holden has gone on the front foot against the Ford Territory and Toyota Kluger with a new, two-wheel-drive Captiva that’s the most fuel-efficient vehicle in the medium-softroader segment.

Holden has expanded its Captiva softroader range with a new, front-drive version that boasts segment-leading fuel economy.

The new variant is powered by a 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine only for now and has a fuel consumption figure of 7.2 litres per 100km (8.5L/100km with auto).

It also means the mid-size softroader now matches key rivals such as the Ford Territory and Toyota Kluger in offering the option of either all-wheel drive or two-wheel drive.

The 2WD Captiva’s specification is based on the entry-level CX diesel 4WD but lowers the five-seater model’s starting price by $2000 to $33,990. Swapping the five-speed manual for a five-speed automatic lifts the price to $35,990.

Click here to continue article

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 camaro_freak's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New Holden Captiva 2WD Delivers Segement Leading Fuel Efficiency

and we don't have this why????
    Hidden Content
    Check out my blog at: Hidden Content

Thanks

Wow we cant have that here because?^^^ beat me to it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 CamaroCrazy's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Twin Turbo Caddy

Quote Originally Posted by camaro_freak View Post
    and we don't have this why????
    I used to say the same thing, but looking at it, it wouldn't have a place in the US. We have the Vue and the new Equinox, Terrain, and SRX, which from the looks of the Captiva, are going to be superior in terms of style and design. If the Captiva showed up in the US 3 years ago, maybe. Today? No way.

If you want to complain about the US not getting a diesel option, I'm with you there.
    Current Cars:
    2016 GMC Acadia Denali
    2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport Premium
    1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Past Cars:
    1974 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, 1984 Chevrolet Impala, 1998 Pontiac Grand Am, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro, 2007 Ford Explorer, 2007 BMW 335i

De gustibus non est disputandum

Thanks

good idea.

most soccer mums couldn't tell the difference between 2 and 4WD anyway!

i bet they will notice the cheaper running costs and entry price though

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 camaro_freak's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroCrazy View Post
    I used to say the same thing, but looking at it, it wouldn't have a place in the US. We have the Vue and the new Equinox, Terrain, and SRX, which from the looks of the Captiva, are going to be superior in terms of style and design. If the Captiva showed up in the US 3 years ago, maybe. Today? No way.

If you want to complain about the US not getting a diesel option, I'm with you there.
    actually I was commenting on the powertrain options ... the design is okay but the Vue and new Nox will probably be similar anyways
    Hidden Content
    Check out my blog at: Hidden Content

Thanks

for comparisons sake:

Ford Territory starts at $38,000 for the RWD, 190kW 6cyl 4-speed auto which gets 12.2L/100km

Captiva SX starts at $34,000 for the 2WD, 110kW diesel 4cyl 5-speed manual which gets 7.2L/100Km

step up to the AWD models and even the V6 Captiva gets better economy than the RWD Territory (11.6L/100Km)

Thanks

I thought this came out when the Captiva launched...
    Hidden Content

My cars:
    1987 Holden VL Turbo - Hidden Content
    2004 Ford Falcon XLS Ute

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroCrazy View Post
    Don't know about the other three you mention but the Saturn Vue is the Captiva Maxx here (if they still sell it?) which is a sportier variant of the regular Captiva. Only the body styling is different between Maxx/Vue and regular Captiva really. If you meant by design the powertrain and driving dynamics they're only marginally different and some aspects are considerd to favour the regular Captiva (e.g. ride comfort) in fact. See http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...eID=22894&pg=2

Thanks
    My Ride
    Opel Mokka X

I thought this came out when the Captiva launched...
    For Chevrolet Europe YES

By the way.
    The crappy Korean Opel Antara/Vue and his Brother Chevrolet Captiva failed in every test by technical magazines here in Europe.
    Last edited by Uligar; 08-27-2008 at 05:26 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Current Ride: Hidden Content
    OPEL Astra Caravan H 1.6T 180hp
    OPEL Mokka X 1.4T 140hp
    OPEL Calibra 2,0 Turbo 4x4 204hp
    (280 Nm 6,8 s 245 km/h 1995)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Uligar View Post
    For Chevrolet Europe YES

By the way.
    The crappy Korean Opel Antara/Vue and his Brother Chevrolet Captiva failed in every test by technical magazines here in Europe.
    What do you mean by 'failed'?
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

Hidden Content

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

That's what I would like to know too. I thought they were quite acceptable, irrespective of my inherent dislike of inappropriately utilised Sport Utility Vehicles.
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 CamaroCrazy's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Twin Turbo Caddy

Quote Originally Posted by mang01 View Post
    Don't know about the other three you mention but the Saturn Vue is the Captiva Maxx here (if they still sell it?) which is a sportier variant of the regular Captiva. Only the body styling is different between Maxx/Vue and regular Captiva really. If you meant by design the powertrain and driving dynamics they're only marginally different and some aspects are considerd to favour the regular Captiva (e.g. ride comfort) in fact.
    I didn't know Holden had a version of what is our Vue. I've never seen that before.

What I did see in addition to the exterior pics in the first post were these interior photos, which are highly influenced by Daewoo and just would not cut it here in the US anymore considering the new 'Nox interior and the competition such as the RAV4, CR-V, Escape, Murano, etc. Not saying the Captiva is a bad vehicle, but when people jump up and down and say "Here in the US! NOW!" I always have to wonder if they've really thought that through. The competition here is getting more brutal by the day.

Current Cars:
    2016 GMC Acadia Denali
    2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport Premium
    1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Past Cars:
    1974 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, 1984 Chevrolet Impala, 1998 Pontiac Grand Am, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro, 2007 Ford Explorer, 2007 BMW 335i

De gustibus non est disputandum

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member BBDOS CV8's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Holden Monaro (Barbados)

Holden Captivas get a Holden-made 3.2 HFV6 tuned for torque or the 2.0 diesel, which is Euro V compliant (quite advanced) joint VM Motori and Daewoo engine, and the pick with manual or auto apparently. 7.3l/100km is ~ 32USmpg average. Not to shabby for a vehicle approaching 3800lb.

The interior, as well as exterior and undercarriage, is specc'd by Holden, who re-engineered the whole engine cradle and front suspension, which everyone else (Vauxhall, Opel) promptly specced for their import models. The upper trims aren't lacking much if anything compared to most other things of similar price here. They get similar test/review ratings to other midsize SUVs here including Toyos, and are rated the lowest-cost SUV to own by the motoring organisations, who are unaligned and non-profit.

Last edited by BBDOS CV8; 08-27-2008 at 10:06 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asylum View Post
    most soccer mums couldn't tell the difference between 2 and 4WD anyway!
    Most corner on 2 wheels anyway..

Still, Isn't it only FWD?.
    Devil with a blue dress blue dress blue dress devil with a blue dress onHidden Content .

Hidden Content

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information