Welcome to gminsidenews.com
Can we continue to use your data to tailor ads for you?

Our partners will collect data and use cookies for ad personalization and measurement.

Learn more about how we use cookies

https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums
Sign-up now! It's free and easy. Registration ►
/ Forum / Press Room / GM Holden News Holden No. 2 Rediscovered in Suburban Garage!

Holden No. 2 Rediscovered in Suburban Garage!

12:22 AM 05-23-2011
rentakeyboard
How Kewl!!!
05:08 AM 05-23-2011
RedHotMike
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDOS CV8
Sure it was this car, Dr T? I remember a kerfuffle in Humpy circles, but I thought that was to do with a purported Australian-made (no 6?) first-off-the-line?

I mean, if this isn't legit, it's a bona-fide effort to defraud with a fake ID plate and number plates. If someone was going to shell out a cool $mill for it, they'd want provenance demonstrated. That's jail time, attempting to pass off a car worth maybe $10,000 at the outside as something a hundred times as valuable.

If the JP481 plates aren't original, it would be fairly easy to determine through Vicroads if they'd been re-issued and to whom. With the panels and structure on the car it should be easy to determine. There's known differences even in the first year of manufacture, which would be post- prototype stage. The turret and guard pressings on my Ute are bronzed together - I wonder how they're attached on this? Same with the engines - allegedly the early castings were from Canada and are different.

It's always possible that the plates and ID tags have been removed from one body and attached to another, but if the prototype front sheetmetal survived, why not the shell?

In my Don Loffler book it states proto no. 3 was known to have been written off, but the whereabouts of No 2 were unknown.
Lol - I think we have the same book. It has #2 with original reg of JP481. I agree that if it is a fake somebody has gone to *huge* effort. I don't know how you change the guards on a later model car to a pre-production shape without being found out pretty quickly.

Red Hot Mike
02:41 AM 05-26-2011
funky61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDOS CV8
What would have been worse was calling it Canbra. Fortunately the name they chose and the logo are now deeply entrenched in the Australian psyche: putting the Lion and Globe on the car is all that is necessary to identify any new Holden.

Kindest thing GM ever did was cut Holden loose from the divisional fold, but keep it a close part of the family. Fortunately with Mark Reuss and people like Alan Batey who are ex-Holden MDs in the GM halls of power we have people with a good understanding of Holden and it's position in Australia, and how important it can be to GM. They would value it's free-agent positioning.
its not actually a lion and "globe".
its supposed to be the invention of the wheel , where "man" first saw a lion rolling a stone and gave him the idea for the wheel.
09:35 AM 05-29-2015
QIIIIQ
This guy is a fraud. I had dealings with him. His real name is Damon Peter Cavalieri. If you google him you will see a few news articles how he duped several people in Australia and overseas.
http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/...r-must-pay-up/
http://www.smh.com.au/national/onlin...1017-52yw.html

I know because I dealt with him and was conned. Not a lot of money but still.
01:57 PM 05-29-2015
Ruperts Trooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky61
its not actually a lion and "globe".
its supposed to be the invention of the wheel , where "man" first saw a lion rolling a stone and gave him the idea for the wheel.
Not dissimilar to the Lion/wheel logo adopted by the newly nationalised British Railways in January 1948.
04:00 AM 05-30-2015
RedVee8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruperts Trooper
Not dissimilar to the Lion/wheel logo adopted by the newly nationalised British Railways in January 1948.
Most likely very similar origin, it's known as a "Wembley Lion"