Holden No. 2 Rediscovered in Suburban Garage! - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holden No. 2 Rediscovered in Suburban Garage!

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC rentakeyboard's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Holden No. 2 Rediscovered in Suburban Garage!

How Kewl!!!
    Beware the Toyota with the invisible driver!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BBDOS CV8 View Post
    Sure it was this car, Dr T? I remember a kerfuffle in Humpy circles, but I thought that was to do with a purported Australian-made (no 6?) first-off-the-line?

I mean, if this isn't legit, it's a bona-fide effort to defraud with a fake ID plate and number plates. If someone was going to shell out a cool $mill for it, they'd want provenance demonstrated. That's jail time, attempting to pass off a car worth maybe $10,000 at the outside as something a hundred times as valuable.

If the JP481 plates aren't original, it would be fairly easy to determine through Vicroads if they'd been re-issued and to whom. With the panels and structure on the car it should be easy to determine. There's known differences even in the first year of manufacture, which would be post- prototype stage. The turret and guard pressings on my Ute are bronzed together - I wonder how they're attached on this? Same with the engines - allegedly the early castings were from Canada and are different.

It's always possible that the plates and ID tags have been removed from one body and attached to another, but if the prototype front sheetmetal survived, why not the shell?

In my Don Loffler book it states proto no. 3 was known to have been written off, but the whereabouts of No 2 were unknown.
    Lol - I think we have the same book. It has #2 with original reg of JP481. I agree that if it is a fake somebody has gone to *huge* effort. I don't know how you change the guards on a later model car to a pre-production shape without being found out pretty quickly.

Red Hot Mike

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    VF Calais sedan V6

Quote Originally Posted by BBDOS CV8 View Post
    What would have been worse was calling it Canbra. Fortunately the name they chose and the logo are now deeply entrenched in the Australian psyche: putting the Lion and Globe on the car is all that is necessary to identify any new Holden.

Kindest thing GM ever did was cut Holden loose from the divisional fold, but keep it a close part of the family. Fortunately with Mark Reuss and people like Alan Batey who are ex-Holden MDs in the GM halls of power we have people with a good understanding of Holden and it's position in Australia, and how important it can be to GM. They would value it's free-agent positioning.
    its not actually a lion and "globe".
    its supposed to be the invention of the wheel , where "man" first saw a lion rolling a stone and gave him the idea for the wheel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

This guy is a fraud. I had dealings with him. His real name is Damon Peter Cavalieri. If you google him you will see a few news articles how he duped several people in Australia and overseas.
    http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/...r-must-pay-up/
    http://www.smh.com.au/national/onlin...1017-52yw.html

I know because I dealt with him and was conned. Not a lot of money but still.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to QIIIIQ For This Useful Post:

V-Car (05-29-2015)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,348 Times in 1,811 Posts
    My Ride
    VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI

Quote Originally Posted by funky61 View Post
    its not actually a lion and "globe".
    its supposed to be the invention of the wheel , where "man" first saw a lion rolling a stone and gave him the idea for the wheel.
    Not dissimilar to the Lion/wheel logo adopted by the newly nationalised British Railways in January 1948.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 RedVee8's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2015 VF Calais "Heron White"

Quote Originally Posted by Ruperts Trooper View Post
    Not dissimilar to the Lion/wheel logo adopted by the newly nationalised British Railways in January 1948.
    Most likely very similar origin, it's known as a "Wembley Lion"
    Current Holdens.
    VH Commodore Vacationer 253 V8; AH Astra CDX 1.8; VF Calais 3.6V6
    plus U12 Nissan Pintara SuperHatch.
    Previous Holdens.
    69 HT Kingswood 186; 75 HJ Premier 202; 77 TC Gemini; 85 JD Camira SL/E 1.8i; CG06 Captiva LX 3.2V6, CG09 Captiva LX 3.2V6, 2012 VEII Commodore SV6 3.6sidi.

Keep Holden On.

Hidden Content
    St George Illawarra, Ibanez AEB10E-BK, Feider PBass, Challenger Bass
    4StringsGood

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information